Ray of Hope {26}

Z- Can I video call you later?

O- Yeah

It took a while for Ollie to reply. It wasn't until I won the last race that it finally came through, but it made my victory that much sweeter. Fuck winning. My girl texted me back!

I beeline it for my bike with my pockets stuffed full of cash after leaving the registry table to collect my winnings. I have to go against the tide of people making their way to the track. I don't take the time to see why. I'm too determined to make it to my bike that's parked not too far away. Tonight was fun, and for once, Dameon was right. It was just what I needed.

Racing helped clear my head, but it made me realize how much more I want to be with Ollie. Even though I wouldn't bring Ollie to a place like this, I want to share my victories with her.

"Cuz!" Dameon's voice breaks my concentration. I pause and turn to look at him as he comes bounding up behind me. Thankfully I see him coming and brace myself before he slams into me. "Aren't you coming to the party?" He nods back towards the track where everyone is gathering. Music starts to fill the air, and I can see red solo cups being passed around even from here.

I shake my head. There's only one face I want to see tonight, and I don't want to wait too late to call her. I'm not missing my window of opportunity. "I'm going home. Have fun."

"Awe." Dameon whines before looking over his shoulder at the party. "But I wanted to party with my cuzzy."

"Your cuzzy, has other plans. Later, Demon." I stuff my hands into the pockets of my leather jacket and walk off, but Dameon follows close behind.

"Other plans? What other plans?" His brows furrow as he stumbles over the lumpy ground of the unkempt field.

"I just have plans." I shrug, unsure of why the hell he seems to care so much. "Why you asking? Who are you, Nan?"

The corner of his mouth quirks up in a slight grin. "Nah, I don't have enough sass to be her."

Well, if that isn't the God's honest truth.