Best of Both {7}

My long legs twist under me as I try to scramble off the picnic table

My long legs twist under me as I try to scramble off the picnic table. My eyes are locked on the beauty before me, like a dark horse charging through the mist. Becca comes striding toward us with her posse in tow. Her hips sway under a black jersey knit dress that makes me weak in the knees.

"Look what the cat dragged in." Becca's black lips turn up as her gaze travels over me. My skin heats as I take her in. Her porcelain legs step perfectly in line like a model on a runway. Every move is smooth and stunning.

"Hey." A smile dawns across my face as I succumb to her sheer presence. "I didn't expect to see you here." Fairs aren't exactly Becca's scene. They are a little too podunk for her, but I gotta say, it's so good to see her here.

So good.

I get lost in her hypnotic smile. The sounds, smells, and sights of the fair seem to fuzz, like falling under a spell, the closer she gets.

"Yeah, I'm here with Creed, Korbin, and Miles."

The drop of Creed's name brings me back to reality. Of course, she's here with that son of a bitch.

"They wanted to get out of town before the big initiation. So we came here." Becca glances around at the vendor stalls. She looks bored. Creed should have known she wouldn't be interested in this stuff. But the bastard probably doesn't care. He's only interested in what entertains him.

"They're doing some stupid pumpkin chuckin' thing," Amber, one of Becca's friends, adds in with an eye roll. "It was boring as hell." She nonchalantly tosses her mousy-brown hair over her shoulder.

A smile pulls at the corner of Becca's lips as she reaches out and lightly taps my hand, sending tingles up my arm. My hand twitches with the desire to grab her and never let go, but I force myself to resist.

"Congratulations, by the way," Becca adds in. "I hear you're getting your patch soon too."

I beam with pride when she mentions my upcoming patching. "I am, thanks. After a year of being the Pirates go-for boy, I'm more than ready to get patched. In celebration Dad's taking me down to Freecaster to get my first Pirates' tattoo on Friday."