Demon Deal {25}

I twirl the plastic glow stick necklace Ollie wore the night I got patched between my fingers

I twirl the plastic glow stick necklace Ollie wore the night I got patched between my fingers. I haven't talked to her in almost a month, and I feel like this tube of plastic. Useless without my light. Today was the last day of school before winter break, and I didn't even get a chance to tell her to have a great holiday.

I thought things would change after I finger fucked her on Thanksgiving, but we fell right back into the same distant routine. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid during my entire adolescent years with Ollie. The moment it dawned on me that she was a girl and a fucking hot one, I knew I'd have to keep her at friend level to avoid losing her.

Now there's no point in fighting it anymore. We've crossed that friend line, it's fucking awkward, so I might as well try and get my girl.

If only my girl would talk to me.

It'll have to wait, though. She and Andy are leaving tonight for Freecaster to spend Christmas with Andy's brother and his mom.

It's only two weeks, but I know it's going to feel like an eternity. The saying absence makes the heart grow fonder is true. Ollie has been absent, but only getting to watch her from afar makes it feel that way. Now with the break, it'll get even worse.

The sound of the front door banging open brings a groan rumbling up from my chest.

"Ooooh cuzy." Dameon's voice rings through the house.

I know why he's here. He's fulfilling his end of the deal we made.  After Thanksgiving, I talked dad into letting him prospect for the Pirates. I'm not sure what he thinks will get my mind off of Ollie, but I know he's not going to let up until I get my ass up and follow him. But I swear to God, if he takes me to a whore house I'm beating him to a pulp.

When Dameon appears in my doorway, I glance up from my phone.

"Hey." He nods to my phone in hand. "Were you beating it to Ollie's pic again?"

"What?" I toss my phone down on my bed and swing my legs over the side. "No, and I never have."

Dameon's brow raises, "Really? Never? Cause I do."