In The End {32}

Tori scrambles to get her top back on as Zane stumbles and crashes into a wall trying to walk towards me

Tori scrambles to get her top back on as Zane stumbles and crashes into a wall trying to walk towards me. The fact that Zane can't even stay on his own two feet shows how drunk he is, but it doesn't make any of this hurt less.

"You two are dating?!" Tori growls as she fixes her corset-style top around her body and shoots Zane an unamused glare.

"No." Zane quickly answers as he pushes off the wall and looks back at her. He's right. We aren't dating.

He has every right to fuck whoever the hell he wants, especially after I turned him down and asked him to wait. I said no, and now he's moving on. I know this is my fault, but my hurt-filled glare turns on him as I watch the blood drain from his face.

"Oll-" he takes a step towards me and stumbles over his own feet.

I can barely breathe and can't keep torturing myself as I watch him slowly make his way to me. With a quick turn on my heels, I run back down the catwalk and soar over the steps. The clutzy clamor of Zane's footfalls sounds out behind me, but I don't look back. Not even when I hear the sound of tumbling and a loud, "Aw, shit!" yell out from behind me. I need to get away. I need to fall into someone who loves me's arms and pour out my pain.

I barely register getting in my car, and if it weren't for the heavy city traffic, I would have gotten home a lot soon than thirty minutes. My makeup is probably a complete mess with the river of tears pouring down my face, but I don't care. I need my daddy, and I pray that he's home. I stumble out of my car and across our patchy lawn before busting through the front door.

"Daddy!" I call out. Please be back from your binge. "Daddy!" my voice catches with a heavy sob, but the house is still dark and just how I left it after Tamarrah walked out on us.

I sprint down the hall, hoping he's already in bed, but I find it empty and the closet door wide open. I notice the landline phone blinking, indicating there's a voice message on it. No one but dad and spam calls leave messages on the archaic system, and an uneasy feeling settles in the pit of my stomach. I click the message button and hear dad's groggy voice carry over the speaker. "Fuck. I hope you get this tonight, baby. I'm not gonna be home. I got into a fight at the bar, and they're keeping me down at the county jail until I sober up. This is my only phone call, so I won't get to talk to you till I get released."