Sunset{28}

I watch Ollie stretch and take in a deep breath as I unstrap the bag I brought along off my bike

I watch Ollie stretch and take in a deep breath as I unstrap the bag I brought along off my bike. Her long limbs poke out from under the dark sweater making my cock throb. The ride over with those slender legs wrapped around me already gave me a semi, but now's not the time for that. I want to make this moment romantic for her. To make her feel as special as she is.

That's why bringing her to the beach is the perfect spot. The ocean is her element, and the salt air blows around her in a welcoming hug. I know that the off-season for surfing has been killing her. She spends almost every day at the beach on her board through the summer.

We don't have her board today, but we might be able to steal a few moments in the waves, even if it's just wading in the surf. With the duffle bag slung over my shoulder, I walk up behind Ollie and place my hand on the small of her back. My stomach is a bundle of nerves as I guide her down to the beach, but I don't think Ollie has noticed.

Once down on the sand, Ollie helps me spread out one of the quilts as the waves roar. It's later than what I intended, but the setting sun has most people heading home, leaving us on the beach alone. It's perfect, romantic, and just how I was hoping this moment would go. Ollie slips her black converse off and takes a seat in the middle of the blanket, just staring at the waves as the sky turns purple with the sun dipping into the horizon behind us.

Ollie pries her gaze from the Atlantic long enough to watch me take a seat next to her. "It's beautiful tonight."

"Yeah." I stare at Ollie. "It is." The way the sun sets makes the fizzy bits of her hair glow. She looks like an angel that's too pure for this world.

Ollie giggles and shakes her head. "You're not even looking at the scenery." I notice her nimble fingers pulling at a loose strand at the bottom hem of her sweatshirt dress and her teeth gnaw at her full bottom lip. She looks as nervous as I feel. "You wanted to talk about something?"

"Yeah." I clear my throat. Now that the moment is here, I can't seem to find the words to say. I thought we'd hang out for a bit and relax a little, maybe play in the water before I brought it up. When Ollie turns toward me, giving me her full attention, I know I need to find the words and quick. It's time to lay it all out in front of her. My gaze drops to the patchwork quilt we're sitting on, and I start to pick at the yarn worn yarn ties nervously. "Things have been really strained between us lately, Ollie."