Ridden Hard & Put Away Wet

I stared into oblivion as my food made its tenth lap around its plate with my fork, as Audrey's voice was barely audible.

Yet I knew exactly what she was saying.

Preparations for the tour of course.

The autopilot has always come naturally, my brain would pick up anything around me without so much of an effort.

However, it was more of a curse than a blessing.

It made me more aware of my failures and the disappointed people around me.

Marshall had taken off soon after breakfast this morning to drop the girls at school, and then heading to his studio to do some final planning with Paul, who had gotten in from NY last night.

I had yet to mention my struggles with my demons lately with Audry, but I really don't want to worry her, as my manager and friend she had a lot on her plate already with the upcoming tour, the last time I fell to pieces she was visibly exhausted.

I stood, catching Audrey's attention.

"I'm just going to get ready"

She nodded at me then returned to her diary.

I made my way up to my room slowly, taking my time before arriving at the foot of my bed, reaching for the duvet cover as I sat down, laying back on it.

It was much rougher than my bed cover at home, even more so than Marshall's bedding, as I had felt it under my bare skin many times now.

The constant flashbacks, a reminder of his hot touches on my hungry body on those lonely nights that we both had seemingly silently agreed on being victims of.

While I never felt guilty or regretful, I did fear the worst when tho was over.

The more I allowed myself to think about it, about these shared intimate moments with Marshall, whenever I catch myself taking secret glances, almost being caught by him, forcing myself to think of other things.

Other things that don't end in turmoil.

But what would an artist be without the demons and turmoil? Isn't that where we pull our creativity from after all?

I knew that every time the warmth filled my body I was in trouble.

I knew that this will change me, but whether it will be for the better or the worse, I was unsure.

My phone sitting on the bed next to me started to ring, breaking me out of my vivid thoughts.

"Yo"

"Hey Marshall, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Look you busy on the weekend? We been invited to a friends birthday, you down?"

"I guess I better make an appearance, which friend? Y'all sure have a lot of shindigs out here"

He chuckled on the other end of the line.

"We all getting old as shit, that's why, and the Kid Rock himself, you crossed paths?"

Of course we had.

"Yeah, we've met, he's a great man and a very old friend"

"Great, so it's a date! Look I gotta go, I just wanted to catch you before I got engulfed into the booth, we'll talk about it later when I get home, yeah?"

"Sure thing, go get 'em tiger"

He laughs in the phone again before he hangs up and I've left once again, listening to my mind and desperately trying to funnel the thoughts deep at the back of my mind.