The Devil's Dance

I sat in the passenger side of my car watching Marshall drive, the streetlight flashing across his face, highlighting his facial features as if the God themselves were pointing them out.

I shook my head at myself, looking forward, internally scolding myself.

I was exhausted and upon looking at the clock on the car dash, and at 1 am in the morning, it made sense why I was tired.

It has been a long day.

I turned to subtly watch Marshall again, hand resting on the steering wheel casually as he zoned out watching the road in front of him, I couldn't help but think back to earlier.

The very thought made me blush and my blood runs hot.

What the hell happened?

How is that happen?

It was so sudden.

All I remember is being rendered unable to remember my name as his hand ran over me.

My lips tingled from the memory.

I was zoned back in by Marshall speaking.

"I need some music" He said switching the radio on, The sing Womanizer by Britney Spears filled the car "Your brothers' friend is an asshole"

"You must have balls the size of a steer to say that to a bull rider" said with a laugh.

"Well Harley Quinn hate to brag, but they're pretty big, I mean, I ain't scared of that meathead"

"This song is about him"

Marshall glanced at me confused.

"I dated him, when I was younger"

"So you dedicated him a song recently? Marshall chuckled.

"No, I wrote it" In said in confession.

I had never told anyone about ghostwriting for other people before, I had been doing it for year's, the only person that actually knew was my Manager Audrey.

"Wait... You wrote this for her?"

"No I kinda ghostwrite, and Audrey helps me sell them to artists, Britney has a few songs of mine actually, she's a big fan of my work"

"That's dope as fuck, you should give me a sneak peek of your notebook"

"Gonna show me yours?" I said with a smirk.

"Can't do that" He said simply.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't wanna have to kill you" He deadpanned"

"Why so top secret? Go the code to area 51 in there or something?"

Marshall snorted and cackled, a grin spreading across the face.

I smiled along with him.

That was the thing about Marshall, his laugh and smile were the most contagious I'd ever seen and heard.

I had to address the rather large elephant in the room.

"Soooooo... if I bit my tongue anymore about it I think I'll start bleeding... what happened earlier"

"Thank fuck, look I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me, I just... the adrenaline, watching you on stage, that dress..."

"You ripped it" I giggled.

"Yeah my bad, I guess I got a little... excited?... look I'm gonna be honest here, I got worked up because I ain't fucked someone in 'bout a year" he said trailing off "Man we were like seconds away, if it wasn't for your aunt, well..."