Welcome To Nashville

June 2009

Audrey sat across from me at Marshall's island bench.

"We could fly in earlier and look at it? I mean you've been wanting to expand your ranch right?"

"That's a great idea, arrange it" I smiled.

I was excited, I couldn't wait to expand, it's going to be perfect, by the time I moved back home in a year I could focus more on the ranch.

My horses were my second love behind the music.

I couldn't help but think about my Aunt Jo, who I had hired as my estate manager since she was currently going through a nasty divorce, she was the only family member that didn't make me feel like a worthless sack of shit... She was my mother's twin but the black sheep of the family and always went against the machine, I idolized her and wish I could be more outspoken and in control of my life.

"And why exactly am I a part of this meeting?" Marshall groaned "The Lions are playing..."

"Well, Paul insisted that you go to Nashville too" Audrey smiled at him ignoring his glare.

"Why? What's for me in bumfuck nowhere?" Marshall snorted.

"Nashville is not "bumfuck nowhere" Marshall" Audrey said then pointed to me "For your girlfriend genius"

"Oh right," Marshall sat back tapping his chin "I ain't no bitch boyfriend though, so why would I be following like a lost puppy?"

"No, but you are an adult that respects his girlfriend, grow up Marshall" Paul said as he entered the kitchen.

Marshall huffed rolling his eyes and sat back as Paul pulled up a chair to the island.

"Sorry I'm late" He said politely, placing his folder down "Now, this trip is next week right? Will Marshall be needing to attend Grand Ole Opry with Harley?"

"Excuse me, the what now?" Marshall asked confused.

I turned to him "Its a weekly country music stage show in Nashville... It's the pinnacle of country music"

"Do I have to wear cowboy boots and the hat?"

"No Marshall" Paul sighed.

"But what if I want too?"

"Fancy dressing up like Bret Micheals again?" I said suddenly remembering his last music video.

He gave me a goofy smirk, which was refreshing to his usual sarcastic looks.

"Don't even think about it Marshall" Paul said with a scolding look "You're lucky the man had a sense of humor"

"Country music loves me" Marshall said with a bad country twang to his voice.

"Marshall was born in Missouri so he thinks he's country when he wants too"

"I can see it" I said raising an eyebrow "You're reckless like a cowboy"

"Don't encourage him"

I raised my hand and sat back "Ok so we're done?"

"Do I have to perform?" Marshall said, now spinning a cap on his hand.

"You perform at Grand Ole Opry? I don't think so" I laughed.

He sat frowning at us "Why not? Nowhere is going to say no to Eminem"

"Nashville will... It's a COUNTRY MUSIC event, not the hip hop awards"

"So I'm just like gonna go to... Watch?"