Darlin', You're Different

I woke up to a light snoring next to me, I rolled over squinting.

And I see Marshall, shirtless.

Go figure.

For a man that is apparently insecure about his looks, he sure liked rubbing his bare chest in people's faces.

He was asleep on his side, facing me with his arms above his head, face peaceful.

We must have fallen asleep during the movie we started watching together that was on after our talk.

It seemed we shared the struggle to sleep at night, him being his original kryptonite, telling me it was one of the reasons he had started taking pills.

He was fascinating, he had lived through a lot, I had always found other peoples lived interesting, I think it was because I was raised with a silver spoon.

People forget that sometimes those who eat off silver spoons carry their own hidden problems.

His words still circling in my head and the memories of my mother and his fight last night came back to me.

I didn't surprise me that she was still in denial about my alcoholism, after all, that's how we did it in the south.

It simply just doesn't exist along with mental illness, god forbid.

So the fact that I was a raging alcoholic that had a public nervous breakdown which was broadcasted all over the world, it kinda sent my family into a scandal.

The only people that came to visit me outside my manager when I was locked in that psychiatric clinic was my Aunt Jo and my twin brother, Austin.

I was a mess back then.

I laid there hearing the breathing next to me. It had been almost a year since I had woken up next to a man, even longer since I remembered how they had got there.

I internally cringed at the thoughts of all the foggy memories, waking up in hotels with strange men.

I'm thankful that Audrey always managed to clean up those messes before they hit the tabloids.

Or my mother.

I got up quietly, grabbing some clothes from my walk in the heading into the bathroom, trying to avoid waking Marshall.

I showered and did my makeup, I had planned to meet my brother before my rehearsal today, I was still yet to pick an outfit, Audrey had the stylist send then over for me to pick out.

I walked out of the bathroom and Marshall was now laying on top of the covers on his back starfished in the middle of the bed, snoring even louder.

He was to come with me today so I guess I better wake him.

I walked over to the bed and shook him lightly, he groaned and grabbed me, pulling me over on top of him.

He opened his blue eyes, he looked me in the eye and blinked with a shocked facial expression.

"Oh that's my bad" He sleepily mumbled, almost sounding off "I was dreaming"

"Of what? Wrestlin' me? I looked down at his hand still in my wrists "Y'all gonna let me go or am I stayin' like this?"

He released me and I climbed off him as he laughed nervously, clearing his throat.

"Whats in the agenda today love of my life?" He said while sitting up then stretching and scratching his head.

"Well I'm meant to be meeting up with my brother today so I figured I'll introduce you, then after we can stop at the farmers market before I have rehearsal"