Assault with a friendly weapon

Standing in Marshall's kitchen on a Sunday afternoon making lunch, trying to ignore the voices in my head, screaming at me as I placed too much food on the plate.

You know he only had sex with you because he felt bad for you, guess someones gotta throw you a bone, plus he can't have sex with anyone else at the moment, man's got to eat.

Or maybe he's got a fat woman fetish.

I shook my head as the voices got dangerously loud as I removed half the salad off my plate.

"Not hungry?" Marshall said coming from beside me, the voices now an echo as I snapped out of it.

"Not really"

He leaned up against me, body brushing mine, reaching for a knife next to me.

I got my plate and sat down at the island bench.

Marshall joined me shortly after.

He started to inhale his food and nervously fidget.

"I have a proposition for you," He said suddenly dropping his fork.

"What's that?" I said, curious.

"Well, since were locked into this contract a year, I vote that we put casual sex on the table until it finishes"

"You're kidding right?"

"I mean it's not like we haven't already done it, in fact, we did it a few times, and it gives us something to do for the rest of the year, and I know we can do it, I mean shit we both know how to avoid feelings"

He was right, we had already opened Pandora's box, the vivid memories of that night and morning rush through my mind sending shivers down my spine.

But this kind of thing could turn pretty fast, while I've never had casual sex with the same person continuously I have seen it happen to others.

"I don't know Marshall, it sounds messy," I said pushing my plate away.

He's repulsed by your body but is probably the only man that's going to have sex with you and you're really going to reject that?

"It can be messy as you want it to be" he said, a lopsided smirk gracing his plump lips "You can do whatever you want as long as that banging body is involved"

I thought about it as the previous words echoed in my head.

"Ok" I finally answered, watching his reaction.

"Ok?"

"Yes, that's what I said"

"That was easy, I had like a whole presentation ready to tell you why it's a good idea, I didn't expect you to say yes"

"Does it include quickies anywhere or is it strictly behind closed doors?" I said suddenly before I could stop the words from falling out of my mouth.

"Damn girl, I've gone and lit a fire up under your ass huh?.... I mean, sure, if that's what you want, yes" He said stumbling over his words a little.

"So when I'm feeling up for it, I just tell you, and it's on?"

"I do believe that's how it works... Good thing we live together huh"

I sat and thought for a minute "No strings?"

He nodded.

I can do this.

I have been cheating myself out of real emotions for years, I'm sure can avoid feeling anything, it's like second nature to me now.

He held out his hand "Deal?"

I reached for his hand and I was zapped as our skin made contact "Deal"

"So," He said as he pushed my plate back in front of me "Gonna finish your lunch, we need you fueled up, you know, just in case you decide you're up for it..."

I looked down at the plate of salad and back up at him as he smirked at me.

------

I stood in the dressing room chair as my make up team worked on me getting me ready for an interview.

I was stuck in my own head about what Marshall said, and I wasn't sure if I should have said no.

I mean the two months were crazy and I'm sure full of sexual tension before we ultimately slept together.

I had to admit I felt relieved, the stressful pressure in my head had faded.

It's how amazing sex can make you feel, especially good sex.

And Marshall served it up on a silver platter.

I mean I kinda liked it, I want sure if it was because I was dashed but the whole rough sex thing was what I think I needed.

"Harley, are you even listening to me?"

"Yes," I said bringing my focus back to Audrey.

"Now I've told them which questions are off-limits, feed them little about your and marshalls relationship, leave them wanting more, but at the same time fuel the fire"

"I know what you mean"

"What's up? You zoned out for a moment there, everything ok?"

"Yeah I was just thinking about what to say regarding my new album"

" It's amazing, don't worry about it," She said giving me a reassuring smile and started to type on her phone again "You worry too much about these things, the single is number one"

"I know but I can't help it you know, I've had all this time off"

"Yes but you're back, and that's all that matters to your fans, trust me"

I breathed a sigh and stared at my reflection as they created long flowy drop curves, they always made me feel like a beauty queen.

It reminded me of when my mom use to prepare me for a pagent.

My mind seemingly jolted and suddenly I was thinking about that night.

I started to wonder what it would feel like if I was to have sex in a public place, what's that like?

Who am I?

I spend one night with him and suddenly I'm hungry for it like the foxes for the chickens back at the ranch.

I shook my head.

This definitely isn't me at all.

I was either on my way to another manic episode or it was the reason that you're meant to abstain from sex as long as you can.

My phone buzzed and I read the message.

I'm here, sorry I'm late, what dressing room you in? - Marshall

I thought about it before I answered it, looking over to see Audrey who was on the phone.

I stood up excusing myself to the styling and make-up team and started walking to the door while I texted.

Meet me in the bathroom.