He's The Giggle At A Funeral

"I could have sworn you haven't been to a church in some time"

I frown turning around to see Audry standing at my bedroom door.

"I haven't, you know that, what makes you say that?"

"Well" She said as a small playful smile sat on her lips "Either Marshall has truly turned his bedroom into a house of worship or..." She looks behind her checking the Hallway was empty before turning back "He's doing something that's got you screaming for god"

"What?" I said as I felt the warmth of blush cover every part of my body.

"I came back the other day to drop some paperwork and nobody answered, so I kinda just popped in through the back and dropped stuff on the kitchen bench and I heard... Praises to the lord?"

"Oh my god" I groaned shamefully sitting on the edge of the bed, scrunching my eyes shut.

"Funny because that's exactly the words I was hearing... Look, I'm gonna just come out and say it, while as your friend, I'm so glad you guys seem to be getting along... But as your manager, your emotional state and mental well-being are my concern, please be careful, please remember it isn't real and it will be forced to end once the power that be decided they've had enough of playing with people's lives and emotions, I would hate to see you with a broken heart Harley"

"Trust me, it's strictly just an agreement... we're friends in a fake relationship with certain benefits, you know, to pass the time, since we're obviously not allowed to get an out elsewhere"

Andrey eyed me, not looking convinced.

"I'm a big girl, you know that, besides at least I'm sober and knockin' boots with someone I know, lord knows that's a lot better than some predicaments I've been in, in the past"

Audrey grimaced at my words "Please Just... The both of you need to be careful, you're both recovering still, I'm not sure how good of an idea this is"

I nodded and waved her off turning back to the full-length mirror over analyzing my outfit for the 10th time "We are just fine"

"Going out?" Audrey said with a defeated sigh.

I nodded smoothing an invisible lump under the silk top "Robert's birthday, he's having an intimate closed birthday celebration here in Detroit"

"I must say I'm not disappointed that you're being social again, it was unhealthy hiding in the shadows all the time, I understand you're recovering but that's not to mean you can't go out and see friends, especially now that you have over a years sobriety under your belt"

"Well, I guess it helps to have support"

"Well we can safely say that Marshall has become your somewhat unofficial sponsor, am I right?" Audrey smiles kindly "and he's definitely bought you out of that shell you've enclosed yourself in"

I turn to her slowly.

I had never thought of it that way.

I had never gotten along with my other sponsors, after my years of struggling with identity and alcohol abuse, I just couldn't seem to click and trust the people that offered up to be a sponsor.

But Marshall stepped in and unofficially took the title if I'm being honest.

He was so easy to trust, and he never came with judgment, even if it does seem a little on the nose considering his art form and lyrics.

The ruse of us having met in AA was well and past, and he easily became my confidant in such a short period.

However usually you're not meant to be sexually attracted to them, a sponsor of the opposite sex isn't usually recommended.