Studio Time

I sat at the soundboard fixing some vocals, feeling Marshall's eyes bore me down.

"Well?"

"Well, what?"

"Who was he?" He smirked.

I looked at him from the side "Who was who?" I answered vaguely.

He snorted and rolled his eyes "The guys all your break up songs are about, did you really smash up a car?"

"They're just lyrics, you should know that"

"Ah, you see I would normally believe that but in this instant, I don't, because there is even truth to my lyrics"

I groaned "Why do you wanna know?"

"Because I'm a curious person and I make it my business to know shit about everyone, especially someone I know nothing about who's living in my damn house..." He said as he rolled his pen over his knuckles "There really isn't much info about you out there... It's like your almost... made up, I mean shit someone isn't as famous as you and have a squeaky clean record you know... Especially a country music star"

"Well believe it... I've always had all eyes on me and there is no room for error"

"You sound like a robot..."

"I feel like one most days" I said reaching next to me picking up my guitar and started strumming it nervously.

"That's... Sad"

I stopped playing and glared at him "So? Like you don't pretend and be someone else"

"Yeah but it's not fulltime, I only do it for the spotlight, not to please everyone else in my life" He shrugged nonchalantly "Unless of course, someone wants Slim Shady in the bedroom, then I'll happily oblige"

I shook my head "Why are you in here? I thought you said I could use it"

"I'm just seeing how you work... It's also my studio"

I rolled my eyes and I started to strum the guitar again, trying to find what was missing with the song I was working on, maybe it was a guitar riff or something.

"So tell me Harley Quinn, want are you up to with this?"

I sighed and flicked the switch so that the music played.

"Its missing something and can't figure out what"

Marshall frowned listening to it until it finished then replayed it, standing up, leaning over my shoulder and hitting buttons and changing the dials, it took a moment as he went over certain areas in the sing and tweaked things here and there.

The whole time I could feel his body heat on my skin again.

Once he finished he replayed the song and it had sounded much better.

"How did you do that? I've been trying to fix it for hours" I frowned, listening to the melody, it was so much better.

"I have been told I have an ear for music, I produce most of my own beats and have started doing more for others"

"Thanks, you actually improved it, I feel like I owe you a credit"

"Don't even worry about it" He said sitting back down and waving me off.

"So I noticed you didn't bring a car? Have you always had drivers?"

"I don't have one" I said, shuffling in my seat.

Marshall eyed me "What as in you never had one of you had one and lost it?"

"The um... Latter"

"You lost it? How?"