The Last Supper

We sat around the table as we got served our food.

I never had extra staff, but my mother always bought her chef and assistant with her.

She acted like she was someone of importance with my daddy's money, but she had always been like this.

My mother was tall, thin and looked like a beauty queen, she always took pride in her appearance, right down to her chanel suits and expensive shoes.

She sat at the right side of the table glaring at Marshall who sat at the head of the table, with me to his left and my aunt Jo was sitting next to me.

"So besides secretly dating Eminem, what else have you been hiding from me?"

"Nothing momma" I said pushing my salad around my plate "That was all we kept from everyone"

"I still think the label and Audrey are crazy for letting this happen... What about your fans, your image... He's well...from the gutter and a d-"

"Momma please stop.." I signed, looking between them, Marshall staring her down.

"Recovering Drug addict?" Marshall snorted "You also forgot recovering alcoholic, but then all you do is sit in denial in the south" Marshall gestured to my mother's almost overflowing wine glass and bottle of wine that was almost empty.

"Momma, you remember I was also an alcoholic right?"

"Oh don't be silly Harleen, you were just having a terrible time"

Marshall frowned "Wait... You're literally going to pretend it doesn't exist? What the fuck?"

"She isn't an alcoholic, Harleen isn't an addict, like always she's just trying to be rebellious, she's fine now though, could lose a few but that's not a discussion we should be having for now, and I'm sure that's your cause with your glutton rapper lifestyle" My mother said calmly "I'm sure you're also part of this rebellious phase too"

"Recovering alcoholic you crazy bitch" Marshall sneered slamming his fork down with a glare that would shatter glass "It wouldn't surprise me if you preferred her that way because she was easier to manipulate drunk"

I sat there cringing as once again my mother and Marshall were in a horn lock.

"Momma please don't ..."

This was uncomfortable.

My aunt got up, excusing herself and left the table.

"No Harleen" My mother said holding up her hand and got up "You're delusional, all that rap you write has rotted your brain, doesn't surprise me coming from a man that use to sing about his mother and ex-wife, Harleen is fine, there is absolutely nothing wrong with her"

Marshall laughed, but it wasn't a humorous laugh, it was dark and laced with a cruel undertone.

It sent a shiver down my spine.

"Your problem is that you have your daddies money so far up your cunt you couldn't give a fuck about anyone else unless they made you look bad, in this case, you're too busy making sure to pretend it doesn't exist so that your friends down at the country club don't know" He said, working the cutlery around his fingers "I'm not going anywhere, I'm also gonna make your sure daughter becomes the person she's meant to be, and you ain't gonna like it, so buckle the fuck up bitch, and enjoy the ride"

I cringed again as the obscenities flew out of his mouth.

I knew I should have felt bad about him going off on my mother, but for once it felt nice to have someone in my corner against her for a change.

"You think you're going to win this battle? I always win, we'll be back to our life in no time" My mother said with a higher pitch in her voice "Without you in it"

Marshall stalked over to her and stood over her.

"You obviously haven't done your homework very well" He continued with a wicked grin "Clearly you don't know who you're fucking with"

My mother stormed off to her bedroom.

"Yeah, fuck you too"

I sat back in my chair winded by the thick static energy in the dining room.

"I feel sick" I whispered, Marshalls head snapping in the direction of my voice, hard expression softening abit.

"Uh... Yeah sorry..."

"I think I'm gonna call it a night" I said, shoving the plate away from me and standing up.

"I was only trying to hel-"

"I know" I nodded as his eyes landed on my full plate as he sat back down.

I left the dining room and made my way to the bedroom, grabbing my favorite silk pajamas and going into the ensuite to change.

I felt guilty because I didn't stick up for my mother, she was still blood, but in reality I didn't care.

It was the strangest feeling.

I pulled my clothes off then pulled on my pyjamas, putting my hair into a bun.

I couldn't remember the last time someone ridiculed my own mother like she had done mercilessly to everyone around her.

Marshall had made a career out of bullying others and I guess it really did come in handy.

The image of Marshall's facial expression flashed in my mind, he had this smirk, it was almost evil, he got it as he was about to tear someone apart, and was surprisingly attractive, it was almost primal.

Of course it was probably an unhealthy reaction that came hand in hand from years of having emotionally abusive and emotionally unavailable parents.

I got dressed and walked into the bedroom and climbed into bed.

The bedroom door opened and closed quietly and I look up to see Marshall standing there.

"I would leave you alone but we kinda have that stupid arrangement"

"Its fine Marshall, I just feel drained around her... It's not you" I said "And to be honest, think I kinda enjoyed you yelling at her"

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow and a small playful smile "Oh yeah?"

I nodded, gave him a smile back, turning the bedroom TV on "It must feel powerful to say what you want all the time"

Without warning, he flopped down, laying down on the other side of my bed, leaning back with his hands behind his head.

"Yeah, it's pretty powerful" He smirked, nonchalantly.

He tilted his head to the side, studying me for a moment and then that delicious mischievously wicked grin was back, playing on his lips causing goosebumps to spread across my body.

"Why? Do you want a taste?"