Chapter 3. Not again.

Nathaniel/ Nathan Dalton 25 years old

Xander Oswald 25 years old.

Nathan's P.O.V

Krista is five years old.

Caleb handled the transaction with Xander's company. I was happy that I didn't have to avoid the bastard. Three months had already passed since my meeting with Xander. I was slowly starting to forget about him. Carter and I participated in car shows whenever we could. I loved to restore classic cars in my free time. I had managed to sell one of my classic cars for a million dollars. I gave some of the money to Carter. He had helped me repair the car. I had rented one of his private spaces to work on my cars in peace. I was currently working on a 1964 Ford Mustang convertible.

I had bought the vehicle in a deplorable state from a collector. It took me five months and many trips to junkyards to find the car's original parts. The car was almost ready. I just had to examine some things then prep it for primer and paint. It was Saturday, and I was looking forward to visiting Carter's garage. Jax gave me a nudge the moment I woke up. I scratched the dog's ear, then said to him, "Thank you, Jax. I'm going to take my insulin shot now." My health had improved, but I was still careful. I never wanted to slip into a coma again.

I took my shot, then grabbed a fresh towel. Jax diligently followed me into the bathroom. He yipped when I started singing, "Old McDonald had a farm." Jax loved the song. I put on a tracksuit after showering, then went running with Jax. Everyone was still in bed when I left. I ran into Knox Beck, one of my acquaintances in the park. He was enjoying the weather with a girl. Knox and I had slept together a few times. Knox was bisexual and didn't want to settle down. I was satisfied with his decision.

Knox and I had met each other at a function. He was a well-known male model. Knox was self-centered and liked to attract attention. It would be foolish to fall in love with someone like him. Knox only looked for me when he needed something. Jax took a stand the moment Knox approached me. I uttered "Heel" then greeted Knox. Jax kept observing Knox. Knox kissed my cheek, then asked me, "Are you free tonight, Nathan?" I sighed while looking at the girl. The girl waved at me. I waved back at her, then responded to Knox with, "Why? Do you need to release stress or something, Knox?" Knox gazed at the sky, then answered me with, "Yes, Nathan. I slept with that girl last night, but it didn't do anything for me. I miss that toned body of yours."