Chapter 19. Surprise Part 2

Nathan's P.O.V

Xander smirked while watching me agonize over our sudden meeting. The man I had seen standing next to him before stepped forward, then uttered, "Come here, Elijah." The little boy hid his face in the crook of my neck then yelled, "No! I don't want to!" The man grabbed Elijah then asked him, "What did I tell you about strangers, Elijah?" I gazed at the man in disbelief. He was cute but not my type. I asked myself if Xander was dating the guy. I had no other choice than to surrender when I realized how much I had missed Xander. I walked over to Xander and pulled him into my arms. Xander was surprised by my actions. He almost lost his balance. I hugged Xander tightly, then said to him, "I'm glad that you are doing well, Xander." Xander hugged me back, then stated, "I'm happy to see you too, Nathan. I thought that you had forgotten about me."

I took a step back when the man glared at me. I didn't want to overstep my boundaries. Carter walked into the showroom then yelled, "I have brought some snacks for you and Jax, Nathan!" Carter gasped when he recognized Xander. He ran towards Xander then pulled him in for a hug. Martin patted Carter's back, then said, "That's enough, Carter." Carter huffed, then uttered, "Oh, come on, Martin. We haven't seen each other in years, and this is how you treat me? Come here. Give me a big hug." Martin pushed Carter away when he tried to smother him. I wish that I was as carefree as Carter.

Xander smiled at me, then said, "I thought that the Dalton Company wasn't participating this year, Nathan." I put my hands in my pockets then responded to Xander with, "You weren't wrong, Xander. I came here at Carter's request. He needed help with Mr. Kelly's car." Carter suddenly remembered why he was there. He put his hand on my shoulder then asked me, "Did you manage to fix the problem, Nathan. I came as fast as I could to help you." I handed the car's key to Carter then said to him, "Why don't you start the car and find out for yourself, Carter." Carter grabbed the key then ran towards the car. He cheered when the engine came to life.

Elijah squealed when Carter stepped on the gas pedal. Xander chuckled, then stated, "Elijah is a car fanatic just like you, Nathan." I was angry that everyone had hidden Elijah's existence from me. But I wasn't going to let it show. I gazed at Elijah, then responded to Xander with, "I see that he has great taste, Xander. Would you like me to show him the car? A car like that is hard to come by." Xander nodded, then took his son out of the man's arms. He put the boy down, then uttered, "Enjoy yourself, Elijah." The boy ran towards the Jaguar. I quickly followed him. Elijah looked in awe at the car's shiny engine. He giggled when I stepped into the car with him. He pushed the horn when I showed him where it was. I knew what Elijah wanted to see and hear. I was once curious about cars like him. My grandparents loved to take me to car shows.

The little boy kissed my cheek and thanked me when the tour was over. I put Elijah down, then said to him, "You are welcome, Elijah." Xander gazed at the car, then asked Carter, "Is Mr. Kelly planning to sell the car, Carter? I would like to buy it. I could make millions by renting the car for photoshoots and movies. It seems like my son is crazy about the car as well." Carter gasped, then asked Xander, "This is your child, Xander?" Xander nodded at Carter. Carter shook his head, then stated, "I can't believe that you didn't tell me that you had a child, Xander. It seems like your son and my daughter are the same age. The kids could have been friends if you hadn't been away for so long."

Xander patted Carter's back, then said, "I'm sorry for not staying in contact with you all, Carter. I was going through a difficult period in my life at that time. I needed to be with my family." Carter huffed, then stated, "Do you know how many times Nathan tried to reach you, Xander? He didn't sleep for..." I quickly put my hand on Carter's chest to stop him from revealing more things about me to Xander. The man had been in the states for months and hadn't contacted me once. It was a clear sign that he didn't want anything to do with me.