Chapter 38. Turmoil Part 2

Xander's P.O.V

Hi guys, I hope everyone is safe. Enjoy reading.

I was in a meeting with my associates when Martin contacted me. I had planned to end the conference at two o'clock, but one of my associates arrived late. I lost my mind when I heard what had transpired at the liquor shop. I slammed my fist on the table in anger. I got up and said to Kevin, "Wrap up the meeting, then follow me. We need to go to the Cedars-Sinai medical center. Nathan got hurt. The ambulance brought him there for treatment." I walked out of the room to contact Caleb. The man instantly picked up his phone.

I could sense that he was worried. Caleb greeted me, then asked, "Is everything okay, Xander? Dhalia has been trying to contact Nathan for a while now. She's a bit tense because of the nightmares she's been having lately." I rubbed my face in frustration, then said, "Nathan got attacked by his biological father and sister. I haven't seen him yet. I don't know how severely he got injured. I'm on my way to the hospital now. I will text you the details as soon as I get there. I wanted to notify you guys as quickly as possible. Get ready for departure. My private jet will be on standby to fly you guys to L.A."

I cut off the call when Kevin approached me. I was anxious but didn't let it show. Martin told me that Elijah had been crying. The little boy wanted to be with Nathan. Martin had no other choice than to take the child with him. I wanted Nathan to get the best treatment possible. I ordered Kevin to contact the hospital. I offered to donate whatever the hospital needed. Kevin had arrived that morning. My heart started to beat faster when we reached the hospital.

One of my bodyguards was waiting for us at the entrance. He greeted me, then uttered, "Follow me, sir. They just moved Mr. Dalton to the operating room. Martin is in the waiting room with Elijah." People stared at me while I walked past them. I wasn't worried about things getting out of hand. Nathan was more important than any rumor at that moment. Martin approached me when I stepped out of the elevator. He handed me the crying Elijah and stated, "The cops arrested Nathan's biological father and sister. I don't think that they will hold them for long. I have seen the security footage. Nathan's sister is intelligent. She made it look like Nathan bumped into her while running."

I huffed, then asked, "And what about when Theresa pushed the shelve on Nathan?" Martin sighed, then replied, "The camera failed to capture that part, sir." My heart broke when Elijah clutched my tie, then stated, "Papa got hurt while saving me, daddy. There was blood everywhere." I stroked my child's head and uttered, "None of this was your fault, baby boy. There are many evil people in this world. Nathan will be alright. I promise." Elijah sighed in relief, then closed his eyes. I felt guilty for lying to Elijah, but I had no other choice. I couldn't let my son think he was to blame for his father's injuries.

I was afraid to find out about Nathan's condition. I took a seat, then said to Kevin, "The Dalton family is on their way to Los Angeles, Kevin. Receive them at the airport and get everything ready for their stay." Kevin nodded, then walked away. I gazed at Martin, then asked, "What happened to the people in charge of protecting Elijah and Nathan?" Martin put his head down, then replied, "I fired them, sir." I kissed Elijah's forehead, then stated, "Good, now leave. You know what to do." Martin bowed and said, "I'll be waiting for Nathan's biological family outside the police station, sir. I know where to take them. I'll contact you as soon as I have reached the location."

I looked at my watch and declared, "Don't let them eat or sleep no matter how many times they complain." Elijah's nanny approached me, then asked, "Can I get you anything, sir?" I shook my head and replied, "No, but do you know what happened to the dogs? I forgot to ask Martin about them." Elijah's nanny nodded and said, "Yes, sir. Jax wouldn't calm down, so Martin sedated him. Momo diligently followed Martin's orders and went quietly with the bodyguards. The dogs are at the house now."