Chapter 37. Turmoil Part 1

Nathan's P.O.V

Hi guys, stay safe and enjoy reading.

Elijah seemed tired. I decided to bring him and Xander home. Xander laced his fingers through mine, then leaned his head against my shoulder. I smiled when Xander stated, "I missed being with you, Nathan." I kissed Xander's head and uttered, "I love you too, babe." Elijah kept staring out of the window. I could see how excited he was to spend time with us. Elijah jumped out of the car when we reached the house. Xander groaned, then yelled, "Stay where we can see you, Elijah!" Elijah giggled, then ran toward the stream. Momo and Jax followed him. Elijah crouched down, then said, "The water is so clear that I can see the bottom, daddy."

I sat next to the little boy and stroked his head. I could see myself in Elijah. I was as curious as him when I was young. I patted Elijah's back, then asked, "Aren't you tired, baby boy?" Elijah rubbed his eyes and replied, "Yes, papa. I feel sticky too." I grabbed Elijah's hand and uttered, "Alright, it's time for a bath." Xander was observing us from the porch. I kissed his cheek and asked, "Are you coming, Xander?" Xander shook his head, then replied, "No, I need to talk to Martin about something. I will see you soon." I brought Elijah to his room. His nanny had fortunately finished organizing his stuff.

I bathed Elijah, then gave him a snack. The little boy fell asleep in my arms. I carried Elijah to his room, then went to look for Xander. Xander was silently admiring the fish in the stream. I hugged him from behind, then kissed his back. Xander leaned against my chest, then said, "This place is beautiful, babe. Is Elijah sleeping?" I gazed at the house, then replied, "Yes, he had a snack before resting. Dinner will be ready by the time he wakes up. How did your talk with Martin go?" Xander grabbed my hand, then pulled me into his arms. He kissed me passionately, then stated, "He had nothing important to report."

I kissed Xander intensely, then asked, "Did you talk to my biological family about my visit, Xander?" Xander chuckled and said, "It seems like it, doesn't it? But no, I didn't talk to them. You asked me not to meddle. I decided to honor your wish." I contemplated and asked, "Then why are they staying away from me?" Xander sighed and replied, "I have a feeling Everett had something to do with it. I have asked Martin to look into the matter. I don't trust your biological family, so stay on alert."

I kissed Xander, then stated, "As you wish, Xander. So how long are you two planning to stay here? There are quite a few parks around here. I would love to visit them with Elijah and you. It has been so lonely without you guys." Xander hugged me, then said, "We will be staying till next Monday. I want to inspect our businesses while I'm here. I hope that you are going back with us. The real estate agent told me she found a buyer for this house." I grabbed Xander's hand and stated, "I don't want to sell this property, Xander. I like staying here. You will feel the same way after a few days."

Xander cupped my face, then declared, "It's okay, Nathan. You can do whatever you want with the property. I'll make sure that it's well maintained." I grabbed my phone and called Wren. The woman wasn't surprised when she heard that I had changed my mind. I made a few arrangements with Wren, then turned off my phone. I kissed Xander's cheek and said, "Come on, darling. Let's get something to eat." I led Xander to the kitchen. There were chicken wraps and sandwiches on the kitchen table. Xander and I talked about work and our families while enjoying the food. Xander yawned while washing his hands.

I stroked Xander's head and stated, "The room is ready. You can take a nap if you like." Xander nodded, then said, "I'm going to take a shower first." I led Xander to our room. Xander took off his clothes, then walked into the bathroom. His hair was still wet when he came out. I grabbed a towel, then started drying Xander's hair. Xander lowered his head and hummed in satisfaction.