Chapter 30. Making amends

Xander's P.O.V

Happy pride month, guys. Stay safe and enjoy reading. See you all on Monday the thirteenth of June.

I could see that Nathan was troubled by Elijah's reaction. He kept staring at Elijah and Carson with a solemn face. Carson pulled Elijah close to him and smirked. I wanted to kill him. I kissed Nathan's cheek, then said, "You can go now, Nathan. I will take care of this. Say hello to Mr. Willow for me." Nathan gazed at Elijah and sighed. I clutched my chest when Nathan smiled at the little boy, then said, "See you on Wednesday, Elijah." Carson watched Nathan walk out of the room with Jax. I glared at Elijah and asked him, "What did I tell you about Nathan, Elijah?" Carson put his hand on my chest, then stated, "He is just a child, Xander. He doesn't know how love works."

I pushed Carson's hand away, then asked him, "Who permitted you to take Elijah out of the house?" Carson ruffled Elijah's hair, then declared, "It was your parents. They asked me to check out my tuxedo for the wedding. Elijah felt lonely, so I took him with me." I shook my head, then crouched down before Elijah. The little boy didn't even dare to look me in the eyes. I stroked Elijah's head, then said, "Nathan loves you a lot, Elijah. You broke his heart by acting like a brat just now. Have you forgotten how much fun you used to have with him?" Elijah hugged me, then stated while crying, "I'm sorry, daddy. I like uncle Nathan, but I don't want him as my dad."

I picked up my child, then rubbed his back to console him. I sat on the sofa with Elijah, then stated, "I don't love Carson, Elijah. It can only be Nathan and no one else. Can't you give him a chance? You will soon realize how good he has been to our family." Carson put his hand on my shoulder and declared, "Don't push Elijah into doing something he doesn't want to, Xander. He will hate you for it later." I scowled, then stated, "Mind your own business. You used to be my friend. I can't stand you lately. My parents are the only reason why you are still standing here. I hope you will distance yourself from us after the ceremony is over. I won't let anyone hurt Nathan. He doesn't deserve anyone's wrath."

Carson gazed at Elijah, then stated, "I'm sorry for overstepping my boundaries, Xander. Please, let me be a part of Elijah's life till I die." Elijah grabbed my tie and said, "I'll be good to uncle Nathan if you let me meet uncle Carson regularly, daddy." I stroked Elijah's head, then declared, "You can't bargain with me, Elijah. I want to spend the rest of my life with Nathan. It doesn't matter if you like it or not. I don't know why you can't accept him as my life partner. Carson will abandon you as soon as he has a child. Nathan will always be around. We were born for each other."

Elijah smiled, then stated, "I understand, daddy. I will be nice to uncle Nathan." Carson kissed Elijah's head and said, "Good job, Elijah. Let's go to the store now." I didn't trust my ex with Elijah. I decided to join him and my son. I took Elijah and Carson home after the fitting. My parents were busy organizing the event when I returned home from work that night. Carson greeted me, then stated, "I talked to Elijah this afternoon. He won't misbehave again." I nodded, then grabbed my phone. Nathan had sent me a text to inquire about how everything went. I walked to the patio to reply to Nathan. Momo bumped into me while I was on my way to the deck. I groaned when I saw the dog's fur on my pants. I was surprised when Elijah ran toward me with a pet hair remover. The little boy crouched down, then said while carefully removing the fur, "Don't worry, daddy. I will take care of it."

I chuckled, then asked Elijah, "What are you up to, son?" Elijah smiled and stated, "Nothing, daddy. I just wanted to apologize to you for being naughty today." I kissed my son's head, then uttered, "I know that your grandparents put you up to this, Elijah. Thank you, son, but you are being kind to the wrong man." Elijah grinned, then asked me, "Can we go see uncle Nathan, daddy?" I pinched Elijah's cheek and said, "Nathan will be here Wednesday afternoon to see your dog and grandparents. You can apologize to him then." Elijah nodded, then ran to his nanny. I sighed while looking at my son. I had never expected him to protest. Carson was the cause of it all. I didn't want him at the wedding, but my parents loved him.