Chapter 34. The past

Xander's P.O.V

Hi guys, thank you so much for reading my stories despite my absence from Wattpad. I'm finally free. So expect regular updates from now on. Look after yourselves and until soon.

Everett kept staring at Nathan. It was like he was expecting something from him. Nathan felt uncomfortable. He laced his fingers through mine and said, "I don't have time for this. Have a great day, Mr. Monad." Everett sighed, then stated, "Have you truly forgotten about me, Nathaniel?" The shop was busy. Nathan stepped forward and declared, "You are getting on my nerves. We are disrupting the elderly couple's business. I'll listen to whatever you have to say outside." Nathan grabbed the shopping bags, then walked out of the shop. Everett and I followed him. I summoned Martin and asked him to take the bags. Nathan walked to a safe distance from the shop, then turned to face us.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me closer. He smiled, then stated, "You should be standing next to me and not him." Nathan scowled when Everett huffed. He threw his arm around me, then asked, "Do you have a problem with our relationship, Mr. Monad?" My heart almost jumped out of my chest when Everett yelled, "How can I be happy when you promised yourself to me first?" Nathan instantly gazed in my direction. He probably wanted to see my reaction. He chuckled when I smiled at him. I knew that Nathan would never betray me. I was curious about what Everett had to say, so I said, "Stop beating around the bush, Everett. Children are waiting for us."

Everett ran his fingers through his hair, then stated, "I have known Nathaniel since we were kids. His brother is my best friend. I often went to Damion's house to play games. I fell in love with Nathaniel when he saved me from falling down the stairs. Damion and I were too busy roughhousing to see where we were heading. I bumped into Nathaniel. He was busy drawing by the stairs. I would have broken my arms and legs if Nathaniel hadn't caught me in time." Nathan shook his head, then stated, "What are you talking about, Everett? Have you forgotten how you just stood by and watched my brother accuse me of pushing you?"

Everett scowled, then yelled, "I told Damion what happened when we were alone! And it's not like Xander never hurt you. He put you through worse things than I did." Nathan put his hand up to stop Everett from rambling on. He grabbed Everett's collar, then declared, "Xander pined for me for years. And what did you do?" Everett's bodyguards immediately went on alert. Martin took action as well. Nathan smirked at Everett's bodyguards, then stated, "If you liked me so much, then why didn't you search for me when my biological parents abandoned me? I know what you are referring to, Everett. I still remember how my brother forced you to confess to a disgusting fatty like me. I hated you for ridiculing me in front of him. You always ganged up on me with my brother. I plotted Damion's and your murder before sleeping at night. I would never accept someone like you."

"I advise you to stay away from me, Mr. Monad. I don't want anything to do with you or that family. And one more thing. My name is Nathan Dalton. My parents' names are Caleb and Dahlia Dalton. Their love is unconditional. I have a sister that adores me, a lover who can't live without me. And a child that is still warming up to me. So don't ever call me Nathaniel again. That family is dead to me. It will stay that way as long as I live." Nathan pushed Everett, then said, "Let's go fishing with the kids, Xander. I can't wait to see Elijah's reaction when he catches his first fish." Everett grabbed Nathan's hand, then asked, "Did you truly put your past behind you, Nathan?" Nathan grabbed Everett's wrist and stated, "That's none of your business, Everett. I had forgotten about you. I wouldn't have remembered you if you hadn't mentioned that God-awful confession." Everett winced when Nathan tightened his grip.

He probably hadn't expected Nathan to be this strong. Nathan huffed, then stated, "Don't cross my path again, Everett." Everett looked in shock at Nathan when he motioned that he would cut his throat if he bothered him. I was surprised too. I never knew Nathan could be this daring. Nathan kissed my cheek, then said, "I'm hungry. Let's go." I quickly followed Nathan to the car. Nathan hugged me the moment we were alone. He kissed my neck, then uttered, "Don't ever feel threatened by that jerk, babe. I only have eyes for you."