Chapter 12

NARRATOR

"They have met again, But I hope they are ready for more Challenges." The Angelic voice of the Moon Goddess Selene was soft and beautiful.

She was looking at the two people cuddling with each other on the Bed with a sweet smile. The first ever Human Protector of the Forest and the Royal werewolf.

"They will, I have faith in the Human. Me and Silvanus will not choose her if she won't succeed." Goddess Aranyani answered with a smile. "Silvanus, It's time to awaken and open her gift." She added.

The God Silvanus nodded and opened his hand, Goddess Aranyani did the same and blew a wind as dust of light slowly start to travel towards the couple.

And softly, It went inside the Human that was cuddling with the Werewolf prince.

ATHENA

I opened my eyes and saw Leo standing in-front me. His eyes were wide, As if he was surprised to see me.

"What are you looking at?" I asked him.

"You're eyes earlier.. It glowed full white and your hair is now brown, Instead of Raven-Black. I think you have awaken your powers, My little flower." Leo said, Making my head throb. What is he talking about? Me? Power?

"Did you fall out of bed last night?" I asked him suspiciously. He pouted and sat on the bed beside me.

LEO

"I'm serious." I replied with a sigh.

"You can even become Invisible and feel what the trees feel. You can grow more plants anywhere and see every spirits of Nature. You can also talk to the Wind spirit to help you fly. You will be able to protect anything that comes with nature, also with the help of the other spirits." I explained. She looked at me Blankly.

"Take me home." She said, I looked at her with a confused expression.

"What?" I asked her, And she sighed.

"I said take me home, I need to look for something." She said. I gazed at her for a few seconds before nodding.

"Okay, Hop on my back." I said, I can see her hesitate for a few seconds before climbing on my back.

I walked towards the balcony and opened the door. I glanced at her before souring through the clouds.

I looked at her again and she was smiling widely while her eyes were closed as if feeling the wind. She looked so beautiful and she is my Mate. I'm so lucky.

I saw the Village not far away and found her house near the forest. I landed softly on the ground near the apple tree and she climb down from my back.

"Thanks, Mate." She said with a chuckle and she Immediately rushed inside the house. A smile crept onto my face. That girl,

I also started to head towards the Back door and went inside their house. I saw her searching through the shelf of her living room.

"Where did I put it many years ago?" I heard her mumble. I was confused by how she was acting.

ATHENA

Where was it? I looked through the shelf but nothing, When I suddenly remembered where I put it. Silly me.

I rushed towards my room and I felt Leo running behind me. I searched under the bed and saw the wooden box. My eyes lit up.

I opened it and saw the book that was also made of wood. It still look very clean and new. When my parents tried to open it, It won't open. If I do and my parents are beside me then it still won't open. It won't open when I'm with another person. But.. Why did it open when Leo is here?

It really looked magical, That's why I also brought it home. When it didn't open with anyone, that's when I knew that it is really Magical. I opened the book and was surprised when it opened.

Because even the book won't open when I'm with anyone else. I shook the thoughts away since that's not that important right now.

I opened it and saw the writing that I forgot long ago. It's a story of a girl who was Chosen by the God and the Goddess of Nature to be the Guardian, Caretaker and Protector of the forest.

It also tells about how she could protect it and from who it should be protected. How to Grow plants and trees and how to use the powers. It's like a book to help the Guardian.

Is it just a Coincidence that I found this book? Or is it really destined? Oh, I found this when I was 8. It was placed on our Backyard while glowing.

Suddenly something floated out of the box and went around my neck. It was a Diamond necklace that was carved as a leaf and on it's string were living flowers. How could it be alive for so many years? This magic is amazing. I feel like I'm becoming a kid again with all this fantasies.

"Do you believe me now? You are—"

"A Guardian, Caretaker and a Protector of the forest." I cut him off while caressing the necklace. Everything became quiet and I glanced at him who was smiling proudly at me. I smiled back.

"So what are you gonna do now?" He asked with a smile. I took the book and stood up while looking out of the window.

"I want to see the Spirits." I answered.

"Sure thing, I know them so follow me." He said. This book already has everything and I have also read that the Spirits can only be seen by the Protector and her/his destined to be. So since we're Mates, It is only Normal for him to know them.

We stopped just inside the forest, He looked at me and began to speak.

"Just call them, They'll come." He said and I took a deep breath before opening my mouth to speak.

"Spirits of the forest, Please show yourselves." I said and suddenly, The wind started to rustle and the wind began to whistle.

"It's good that your powers have awaken."

"Of course it will, It is a gift."

"Yes, And it will wake up somehow."

"Oh just shut up you guys."

"Stop it."

Suddenly, A bunch of smokey voice started to talk with each other and I snapped my gaze towards them. Different forms of spirits became visible in-front of me.

"Okay, Just stop it. The Guardian is looking at us right now." A bigger spirit scolded them and everything became quiet.

"So do you know how to use your powers, fair maiden?" The big spirit ask me after all the other spirits became quiet. I nodded and showed him the book.

"I read it here. And I know that this Necklace will guide me." I answered, And she nodded proudly.

"I never doubted the God and Goddess and the forest for choosing and believing in you."