if you pretend not to see, you do not see

beware some angst cause aether (only for a few paragraphs). the POVs will rotate among the main cast of characters.

I was inspired by "Genshin Hero Academia" by NerdySportsGirl. Of course, I made drastic changes in my own version, and the only similarity would be the main cast and the BNHA setting. I am still giving credits and hope you guys check their work as well.

∙•・◦●♟●◦・•∙

Aether looks out at the harbor from the Yuijing Terrace taking in a deep breath. The cheer and warmth of the Liyuen people could be felt even in the isolated spot Aether was in, the harbor looked beautiful from up here. The lanterns looked like small twinkling stars lighting up the sky. Paimon was off archons know where, probably munching down food on stalls that would inevitably make Aether's wallet lighter than it already is. It was worth it if Aether could get some much-needed peace and quiet after everything happened in Inazuma. Don't get him wrong, he was glad for Paimon's company even if the flying brat always asked brainless questions in the most irritatingly high-pitched voice.

Recently everyone had been intent on dragging Aether to their conflicts when all he wanted was to get his sister back. In return, he gets nothing but "I don't know"s. Aether sags down, leaning on the railing as every bit of energy disappears. Letting Aether truly feel the exhaustion he'd been feeling. He was just being pessimistic, he would still help over and over again, he just can't help but feel down when his sibling wasn't there to enjoy the festivities with him. The Moonchase festivals were a blessing, a much-needed break from the heavy happening of Inazuma. Yet he can't help the thought that his sister would've enjoyed it as much as he did.

She would've gotten competitive and entered the cooking competition herself only to fail in the first round and Aether would laugh at her face, she would've munched down on Xiangling's cooking and she would've gotten along swimmingly well with Xiangling and Keqing. She would even gotten along with Xiao. Aether chuckles as he remembers the yaksha earlier, eating Xiangling's cooking and learning to enjoy something new.

"You called?"

"EugHhuAh!?!?" An unintelligible noise escapes from Aether as he spins around to see the Yaksha he was just thinking about, "...Xiao? What are you doing here"

"You called.", Xiao said matter-of-factly.

"I did?" Xiao notices the baffled look on Aether's face and furrows his eyebrows, "If you were not meaning to call me, I will go"

"Wait!" Aether grabs Xiao's wrist before he could disappear, "...wait, I didn't mean to say your name but now that you're here..." A brief moment of hesitation appears on Aether's face,  scared that he might be asking for something burdensome "Can you stay?"

Xiao stills at first before nodding and joining Aether where he stands. They stand there overlooking Liyue in a moment of calm.

"If you didn't mean to call my name, why did you?"

"I was thinking about you" Xiao looks beside him towards Aether but he was looking ahead and the lantern reflects in his eyes. Xiao thinks that although Liyue was reflecting in Aether's eyes, it wasn't Liyue he was thinking about. "I guess I said your name out loud without thinking"

Xiao huffs, "You better not say my name so carelessly anymore."

Aether laughs throwing his head back, "I won't. I promise"

They could've stayed for hours, days and years. They were content with this moment. But alas, peace doesn't last.

"AETHER! HELP!-" Paimon screeches, fluttering nervously towards him. Aether startles hastily moving toward his little friend. "Aether! It's- It's"