understanding a misunderstanding

"Hmm, they're still not doing anything" Bakugo sneers, looking down to where the transferees were on the ground.

Kirishima smiles positively, replying to Bakugo, "Maybe they're a little shy? I mean, they transferred so late. They probably don't know what they're doing."

"No way! Didn't you see the meteor yesterday? There's no way they don't know what they're doing." Kaminari pipes in. The transferees still not moving, conversing with their homeroom teacher but they were too far away to hear.

"I bet they think they're better than us. That's why they don't want to mingle with us 'mortals'", Bakugo growls, quoting Xiao's words. "Who the fuck does the guy think he is? Some god?"

He thinks back to what happened last night, he had bumped into the man in front of the bathroom. Bakugo, the nice guy that he was, offered to go into the bathroom after but all he got was "I don't need to use the bathroom like a lowly mortal". Bakugo could feel his temple twitch as he recalled it, 'Fucking arrogant little shit.'

"Na-uh! Aether's so nice and sweet! They probably have some important transferee things they need to talk about," Mina chirps in, "I mean I don't know how they used to live but Aether was super surprised when we watched Jaws last night on my laptop. He was so horrified and looked like he was about to cry. I had to explain it was just actors and the blood was fake. It was super funny!"

"Seriously!?"

"Yeah! He was also super surprised when Jiro showed him a m-"

"YOU'RE DEAD"

The class pauses. Even Todoroki was looking over in interest at the sudden shout. The class looks down to see two of their new classmates engaging in a spar.

"WHOOOO! GO AJAX AND XIAO!!" Kirishima shouts boisterously.

Sero says,"My bet's on Ajax winning."

"Well then I'll counter. I'm team Xiao," Kaminari replies, "Look at those tats bro!"

"But is this fine? Doesn't it look like they're being too serious?" Uraraka asks, a little worried at the sight of a bow and polearm. Glinting in sharpness.

"Yeah! Probably! But I mean Aizawa-sensei isn't doing anything to stop them..." Kirishima defends.

Midoriya adds his own thoughts, "Hmm, maybe they're testing their skills? I mean that's what Aether and Zhongli-san did last time too."

The whole class ceases their discussion to watch the two's stand-off, it is also their opportunity to observe the prowess of their only two classmates fighting skills that are still unknown to them.

Then Xiao charges in a flurry of wind and speed.

The whole class's silence breaks into excited chatter. The quickness of Xiao, who was able to propel himself forward in less than a second.

"Ajax-san is at an obvious disadvantage. His bow is not helpful in a close-distance fight" Todoroki mutters.

Iida nods, "I agree. What will he do now?"

They see Ajax struggling to gain the upper hand in their fight until Xiao kicks him in the stomach. Hard. The whole class collectively winces in pain.

They see a small grin in Ajax's face before his bow disappears and in place of it, twin blades appear. Blue and deadly sharp.

Sero guffaws,"Damn. That's sick!"