filler

The art above is made by @koru_kamiyama and our first fanart ever!!!!!! I could now die happy FR😩❤️ The colors are so gorg! Also I really love how expressive eyes are!! I feel like I have reached an achievement I thought was imporssible T-T

∙•・◦●♟●◦・•∙

Mina groans in pain, "Ugh, everyday is so tiring"

Aether chuckles at his fellow classmate, probably worn out from everyday's practice. "Well, it isn't called 'intensive training' for nothing."

Uraraka pouts, "You're not even trying that much, Aether-kun! Nothing's intensive in your training at all"

Aether laughs, he had been training but just not as much as his fellow classmates. He doesn't want to come off as arrogant but he's confident in his abilities. He's pretty sure he's got this in the bag. Instead there was something else that had him preoccupied...

"Xiao!" Aether calls out, the yaksha who was staring at the wall flinches. Aether halts in front of Xiao and almost flinches as well at the utterly blank gaze Xiao directs at him.

Aether almost wants to retreat and run away, instead he swallows his nerves. There's no way he was walking away without answers. "Sooo, is it true?"

Xiao deadpans, "What"

"Childe"

In the span of three seconds, Xiao goes under several emotions. Shock, anger, frustration, depression and then resignation. Xiao shrugs, "I don't know. Everyone's already assuming anyway, doesn't matter what I say"

Aether furrows his brows because huh? What could that possibly mean?

Xiao sighs at Aether's silence, "Whatever. I'm going"

"Wait!" Aether grabs Xiao's wrist, "So, do you like him or not?"

Because damn it, he's going to need a straight answer from Xiao

Aether groans at the answer Xiao gave him. It was so uselessly cryptic and vague.

" What do you think?"

'I don't know! That's why I'm asking you, you handsome son of a-' Aether screams in frustration in his head, if only he could find Childe and beat him up 'till he got an answer but the ginger has been strangely quiet these days that Aether almost feels a slight sense of pity except all his pity is currently directed at himself and Xiao's stupid answer.

Was it some sort of test? A quiz on how well Aether knew Xiao? Couldn't it at least have been multiple answers?

"Aether? Are you also like Ochaco-chan?" Mina deviously grins, pointing at Uraraka floating "Love problems?"

"No!" Aether shouts before coughing and responding more cooly, "I meant No"

They turn to Aether with a smirk and the blonde flushes, "I said it isn't!"

Before an interrogation can commence, Tsuyu interjects. "It's not good to force these things"

Aether beams at Tsuyu's wisdom. Seriously, he thanks Celestia for the gift that was Tsuyu. Momo nods in agreement, "We should go to sleep. We have a long day tomorrow"

Mina complains loudly in protest but Aether runs away before one question can be asked.

∙•・◦●♟●◦・•∙

Zhongli stares at Childe's hand wanting to take it in his. They talked. It didn't do much. They weren't able to come up with solutions for their problem nor were they now, completely fine. In fact, their talk just confirmed the amount of problems they did have but there were still several things Zhongli could be grateful for.

One, they didn't scream or fight. Childe takes a break every time he feels his temper spiking and Childe lets Zhongli take pauses to re-organize his thoughts.

Two, even if they weren't able to come up with solutions. Their problems and their feelings were made clear and laid out in the open.

Three, Zhongli has a temporary truce with Childe.

They weren't going to act like a couple anytime soon but it's definitely miles better than just flat-out ignoring each other. Zhongli feels a pang of guilt in his heart when he remembers Childe's  expression when Zhongli told him how they got married in the first place.

Horrified was an understatement.

Zhongli grimaces in pain, it was partly his fault for not questioning the event of their marriage in the first place. Too caught up in his happiness to wonder if Childe was actually clear headed enough to actually mean what he was saying.

"Well at least that's...resolved" Childe says knowing a lot of things were far from resolved, "You should talk to Xiao next"

Zhongli purses his lips, "I am so ashamed. I don't even know where to start to ask for his forgiveness"

"Give him a gift or a bribe" Childe suggests, "Something to make him happy"

Zhongli sorts in his mind things Xiao likes, "Almond tofu?"

Childe shakes his head, "Nah. That ain't gonna cut it. You need something bigger, something he'll be really grateful for"

Childe and Zhongli go quiet thinking very hard on what they could possibly give Yaksha. Something that would make him so happy and grateful that he'd be willing to forgive Zhongli. A surefire way to get Xiao's attention.

Childe and Zhongli's eyes meet. Their eyes widen as the same thought goes in their head.

At the same moment, they both say the name of the person who'll undoubtedly make Xiao very very happy.

"Aether"

∙•・◦●♟●◦・•∙

A/N: Hello! I'm one day late. So very sorry🙇‍♀️ I had finals and math. This is a filler chapter, as said in the chapter title, before we move on to the second arc of the story: The License Exam arc.

Announcement: As a thank you for 1K stars, I will be posting two chapters on April 10. One chapter would be a regular chapter and then the other chapter would be basically events and shorts that didn't make it to the story. I'd do a q&a but I'm not sure if you guys have questions for me. If you do then please comment here and I'll do my best to answer them even if it's as random as bananas or peaches lmao.

My work is a little over the place, there's some unfunny moments, an exhausting emotional rollercoaster, probably some plot holes, and loads of mistakes but I'm still grateful y'all took the time to read it. All of your comments make me laugh and smile that my cheeks actually hurt(I read them all), and also really fuels my compliment whore personality :D