damn aether you so vicious

forgive me for basically disappearing and not giving prior notice 🙇‍♀️ Also enjoy the one and only chapter in this whole work that has more than 2k words

∙•・◦●♟●◦・•∙

(15 minutes earlier: Aether)

"COME BACK HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT" Aether looks left and right, "Fuck where did he go? Childe, that little weasel"

Aether curses under his breath, annoyed that the red-headed ferret got away from him. He had chased Childe to the edge of the city part of the stadium. It was full of tiny little homes squeezed next to each other leaving only tiny little gaps that formed into a maze of cramped alleyways that twisted left and right. There was enough room for one person to walk through comfortably but a downright disadvantage for chasing down bastards who took advantage of their extremely long legs. It was dim and damp like shady neighbourhoods that are ever-present in big cities.He had chased Childe until the labyrinth gave the fucker an advantage.

He sighs. If Lumine was here they would have been a deadly force who would've beaten the little shit under the 10 seconds.

"Aether"

Aether turns 180 degrees swiftly at where he heard the voice, he could hear his heart beat thunderously in his ears. He stares at an empty alleyway. No sign of life. Aether shakes his head, laughing at himself, he must be going crazy as a byproduct of spending time with Childe. He heads to the exit, ' No point in staying here'

He remembers taking a right then a left, straight ahead then a–

"Brother"

His heart drops. He hears it. Clearer and louder this time. Aether struggles to locate where it was coming from. This voice. The voice of his most precious person. ' Surely..not?'

"Brother! Help!"

He takes a couple of steps forward before making a full-on sprint, "LUMINE!"

Aether feels some sort of frenzy, a type of panic rises in him that makes it hard to see or breathe. He feels sick . He turns left and right and left and right. He stumbles and trips as he runs with this careless recklessness. It wasn't possible . Why was Lumine here of all places? He couldn't spare a second to think. Not when the person he'd been searching and looking tirelessly for was here. So close. So near .

It's impossible , a little whisper at the back of his head. There was no way this was true yet...Aether lost all rational thought the moment he heard her voice. He didn't know his heart could ache this much. It burns.

"LUMINE! LUMINE! I'M HERE! IT'S ME AETHER!" Aether collides into a wall as he turns into a corner too hastily but he couldn't feel the pain. His already unfocused vision blurs even more as tears well up in his eyes, "LUMINE PLEASE! I'M HERE "