*stabs* it's not like i like you or anything, b-baka!

The next day came with the class was spending more time in the gym to fully develop their ultimate moves before the license exam. The four outlanders were standing on the side, unsure of what they were supposed to do.

Aizawa nears them, "Childe and Xiao, have you all regained your energy?"

"It doesn't work that way, mortal." Xiao sneers.

Aether interrupted before they could start a fight, "When we talk about energy, we don't mean it the way you're thinking about. Energy is what we use to be able to execute our Elemental Bursts. Each of our bursts cost a certain level of Energy. For example, Zhongli's energy costs are pretty low while Xiao's pretty high."

"And how do you get this energy?" Aizawa asks.

"Well, we get it when we fight and our attacks hit an enemy"

Aizawa nods, easily understanding everything. "So, do you only get this energy when it's against living creatures? How about those ruin guards? They're not alive. Can you also get energy from each other?"

Aether scratches his head, "Yes, against ruin guards. I don't know about other people? I mean treasure hoarders are people but I never tried against someone that isn't a foe"

"How about we fight each other?Let's test this theory" Childe grins and Aether narrows his eyes suspiciously, he has an inkling the ginger is not saying this to be helpful. "What do you say, Xiao-xiao?"

"Hmph. It's foolish for you to think you can stand against me."

"Really? Are you sure you're not just scared?" Childe grins ferally, "I bet I can have you gasping for mercy in thirty seconds. I find I have quite the talent for making Liyuen adeptis beg."

Xiao reddens as he understands the subtle jab towards Zhongli in the insult. He sees his master flinch and he screams in fury, "YOU'RE DEAD!!!"

Class 1-A pause as they observe the commotion. Childe laughs hysterically as he dodges the polearm Xiao was relentlessly aiming towards his weak points, "Comrade, you're so adorable! Won't you at least let me summon my bow?"

"Tch. Go die for all I care." Xiao glares, getting angrier by the second as Childe doesn't make a move to even summon his hydro blades. Seemingly content to laugh and dodge, "Comrade, are you going to take me seriously or are you going to continue to pretend to play whack-a-mole with me?"

Xiao pauses, he hasn't been using his vision, he glances at Dijun. 'I wasn't hitting him for your sake but— forgive me master, the world is better of without him.'

Xiao hears the cheering of his classmates who probably thought they were just having a friendly spar. He sees Childe's eyes twinkle as he sees Xiao getting serious. Childe takes a few steps back to put distance between them, Xiao stays where he is and lets a scrutinizing eye rest on the redhead. Both of them were most likely making rough plans in their mind.

Childe procures his bow, glinting under stadium lights, blue and beautiful. A delicate craftsmanship that did not suit the Fatui. He pulls the bow string taut yet his form is easy-going and relaxed with no apparent stress in his bodylines, opposite of the usual form for a bow-user which is stiff, disciplined and rigid. Xiao glares at the smile his enemy won't drop as he twirls the polearm in his hand. His Primordial Jade Winged-spear, sharp and deadly, a weapon that would, no doubt, rather be lodged in the throat of the Fatui scum.

A few seconds pass in silence. Both combatants daring each other to take the first step.

Well, until Childe gets impatient and he lets the arrow go. Xiao tilts his head to the right and the arrow flies past him. Childe smiles easily, "I know I'm dashing but staring at me won't do anything."