omg you're not dead yet

Aether munches on nuts that he'd grabbed from the refreshment table on the side of the room. He was slouched, sitting down, mentally tired from earlier. He briefly scans the room, it has been a while and by now there were a lot more, maybe 50 or so . Around two handfuls or more. Xiao stands beside him, rigidly, holding his polearm looking like Aether's hired bodyguard. Aether chuckles, "You don't want to sit?"

"Don't need to and don't want to" Xiao gruffly states. "Most of our classmates are taking too long"

" Aww, are you worried xiao-xiao?"Aether coos, "That's so sweet of you"

"Revolting", Xiao shoots Aether a disgusted look as if the blonde had just cursed Xiao's ancestors, "It is just... it would be embarrassing to be in the same class as such weak mortals. That is why I worry"

"Sure, sure" Aether grins. ' Adorable'

A drowsy voice catches everyone's attention, the speakers adding a slight static to it, "And the 54th person passes immediately right after the 55th! Both from U.A. Todorki Shouto and...a Childe?"

The end of the sentence titling into a question. Aether sighs, "He should've literally used any other name instead of that. He has Ajax and Tartaglia. Literally how many times is this going to be brought up"

∙•・◦●♟●◦・•∙

( 10 minutes earlier: Childe)

Childe whistles as he walks at a leisurely pace, his hands in his pocket. He managed to lose Aether, who was extremely angry at being called "helper boy". Childe supposed honesty is not the best policy and would refrain from making similar comments to avoid a blond 5"4 man coming after his ass with a sword and an electro vision.

Rustle.

Childe stops in his tracks. His ears perk up, his eyes zero-ing into the place the noise came from. He holds his bow, feeling the edges through his gloves, he puts an arrow and readies to shoot. He aims at the edge of a tank a few meters away from him, he almost tips his arrows with hydro before realizing his bet with Aether. He lowers his a couple of centimeters to avoid shooting a lethal spot in the head.He's not allowed to kill people in this world after all.

He holds his breath.

Childe hears the sound of footsteps coming closer, he pulls back his arrow, ready to win that bet. His arrow would pierce through the shoulder of whoever it is, he'd run and beat their ass while they are still reeling from being shot in their shoulder. The person he had been waiting for appears and Childe smirks, letting go of the bowstring. The arrow zooms with a speed that a trained Fatui soldier would be unable to avoid, deadly and forceful.

But before it could pierce through a shoulder like Childe had originally planned to, it burst into wild flames. Childe jumps back avoiding the fire that would've roasted him into a golden brown had he not moved from his spot.

' Shit' Childe curses, he pulls another back, ready to shoot arrows in rapid succession. The fire subsides and from the smoke Childe sees a flash of blue before another burst of fire dangerously close to his face, ' I might lose the bet fuck'