you slept so long I thought you were sleeping beauty

"Tartaglia is my name and murder is my game!"

Xiao just opened his eyes and he already wants to die. Seriously? Out of all the things he could hear when he open his eyes that had to be it? Xiao looked up to Zhongli in every aspect but he guessed, no one can be perfect even gods.  'From Guizhong to this redheaded mostrosity? Zhongli's standards sure did drop down' Xiao grumbles,'Just like his exuvia'

Xiao grunts as he sits up, it's like Celestia was fucking with Xiao's day. He tugs at his wrist only to see it cuffed, he proceeds to observe the room to see any exits he can use for escape. Xiao uses his brain because he's not some battle freak dumbass that has a head only for the sole purpose of decoration. He spots a window to the right and Xiao notes that for a quick getaway. Xiao couldn't see the left side of the room as it was covered by white curtain but he could assume it's where the ginger and the Traveler is. Xiao calls out to Aether because if wannabe Ed Sheeran is talking dog shit this early in the day, he assumes they aren't in immediate danger. Did Xiao already mention he has a brain and can use it? He should repeat it once more because it was relevant to the conversation. Xiao has a brain that he uses.

The curtain swishes open and the traveler's hand rests on his shoulder as he glances over to concerned eyes looking at him. Xiao felt something melt a little inside him and heat rising to his cheeks. He wants to punch Aether, Xiao thinks, Maybe it'll stop him from looking like a overly adorable kicked puppy.

"Where are we?"

Author inserts a flawless time skip to the part Xiao has caught up in everything.

"So your friends here have agreed to help us with the ruin guards" Principal Nezu explains further, "Although you might not be from this world, I'm afraid all of you would need to follow the rules of this world. The police had worked into a compromise with us, they agree to let you help but you will still need to acquire a license to be able to use your quirk in public. Thankfully, we have a class readying themselves to take their license exams. You would train with them"

"How would that work though?" Childe asks quizzically, "It might work for Xiao and Aether over here since they don't look like a day over fifteen years old but for me and Zhongli? We're old. I'm twenty and Zhongli is literally six thousand years old!"

Aether hears Childe whisper "Don't worry, you don't look a day over twenty-one" to Zhongli. Aether will stab himself in the eyes with a fork if he hears one more word from Childe.

"I have taken this into consideration" Principal Nezu says happily "We will tell the students that you have failed to graduate repeatedly and needed to repeat the grade!"

"haAaGgHHh?? How would that even work?" Childe slams his fist on the coffee table, "You want to basically tell the students that Zhongli and I are fucking stupid, is that it?"

"Well, it will come out that way, yes"

Zhongli places his hand over Childe, "We are guests. We have to follow their rules. I also think it would be fun to pretend to be students, don't you think as well, my love?"

'MY LOVE???' Childe is fucking dying.

"I OBJECT"

Aether swivels to Xiao who had been quiet until this moment.  "You don't want to be students?"

"Not that" Xiao glares at Childe before turning to Zhongli with puppy eyes, "My lord. I object to you calling this Fatui "my love". It is highly inappropriate"