your asian parent is disappointed in you

When the dust has settled and the amber glow in Zhongli has subsided, Childe can't help but scoff. Of fucking course, Zhongli was going to pull out his dumb meteor. Sure that was hot but was it enough to turn him on?

Ye-No.

It wasn't enough. Childe has feelings and dignity. He won't back down on this one. This past few weeks all he did was ignore the alarms blaring, the obvious problems they both had just to indulge in momentary pleasure and look where that got both of them.

Childe sometimes find himself wishing he never met Zhongli. It would hurt less, his heart won't be breaking like this. Like he back in the abyss.

Utterly helpless.

∙•・◦●♟●◦・•∙

"That's- wow."Aizawa mutters under his breath, he glances to the side to make sure no one heard him compliment these weirdos but- Aizawa was not expecting that. At all.

And the others weren't either. The excited chatter of the class had increased tenfold. From the corner of his eyes, he could see Midoriya's shimmering eyes, Bakugo's glare, and Todoroki's appreciative nod. It will do them good to see what power could look like in the hands of someone who had perfected it in the course of a thousand years, it might even give them fresh ideas.

The principal and All Might had their eyes comically wide while Officer Tsukaichi claps politely, "It's great to see what you all can do with my own eyes. We, at the police department, can take a deep breath of relief to know that you all are capable individuals"

"Please continue the demonstration" Principal Nezu squeaks happily, "It is very exciting to see these powers from another world."

Xiao and Childe stand next to each other awkwardly. Childe nudges Xiao forward, "You go first. You're the Goblin Yaksha right?"

"Guardian Yaksha", Xiao hisses. Xiao shoves Childe harder "Also you go first."

"No, you!"

"I said you go first!"

They shove each other harder and harder until somehow it devolves into hair-pulling instead. Their whining gets worse and Aether can feel his blood pressure rising with every passing second. Before he can grab his sword and throw it like a javelin, Zhongli coughs. The duo pauses and looks at Zhongli.

The image was hilarious. Xiao was pulling at Childe's hair making his body bend at an awkward angle while Childe was pushing Xiao away from him with his vastly longer arm. All in all, it looked like a pair of kindergarteners fighting.

Zhongli ever the responsible adult levels them with the look. The look that peers into your very soul and forces shame and guilt into your core. The one that makes you feel like a pathetic seven-year-old and asks you why you're not a doctor like your cousin Jimmy. The look that says "I'm not mad, just disappointed."

Aether wonders if thiswas the reason no one dared to break a contract with Zhongli. Disappointment of the Rock. Wait no, wasn't it Wrath of the Rock? But surely it wasn't wrath but crippling shame Aether was feeling right now?

Childe was huffing like a brat who got scolded. Puffing and clicking his tongue but not speaking out. Xiao, on the other hand, his lips were trembling and his head was bowed in shame. He looked like he was on the verge of crying. Aether would sympathize but he was trying not to laugh at how utterly adorable Xiao looked right now.

The officer gently laughs, with gentle smiles as if handling preschoolers, "Do none of you want to go first?"

Childe whines, "I can't! I don't have enough Energy."

"That's 'cause you are weak, human." Xiao snorts.

"Then Mr. Xiao can go first" Principal Nezu smiles encouragingly

Xiao sputters, "Well- I- well. Right now? I-"

"...I also don't have enough Energy right now." Xiao huffs underneath his breath. Childe hearing this, scowls, "AND you were calling me weak?"

"Well then, we'll wrap it up," Principal Nezu says, "Rest and eat well so you can restore energy!"

Aether had half the mind to tell him it doesn't work like that.

"We can already safely assume that you all are very powerful. Do not worry," The Officer hands a small box to each of the outlanders, "This is a phone. We will be giving you this as a means to contact you when your help is needed. Please study diligently for your license exam. We will be in your care."

The officer bows then mutter a farewell to the principal saying "I will be reporting what I have seen to the Police Department."

"What is this device?" Xiao shakes the phone then puts it close to his ear as if to see if he would be able to hear something from it.

"It's a phone" Aizawa sighs, he presses the home button and gives them a quick run-through of what it does. "That's done. Come with me, we'd be discussing your "killing humans" business"

Aether sighs. Archons, help them (Childe).

∙•・◦●♟●◦・•∙

A/n: I haven't been able to play the whole version 2.3 ;-; currently depressed rn.  Also I am very familiar with that look, everytime someone mentions their son is a succesful doctor, I could see that look in my parent's eyes very briefly.

Notes:

1. I always heard Xiao mains complaining about how long it takes to get Xiao's ult lmao.

2. Fim made the fanart above and I AM IN LOVE PLEASEE

3. Major thanks @Naberu_Chan for beta-ing this chapter. I'm so grateful:>>!! I'm finally taking out the "no beta we die like hilichurls" tag LMAOoo. It was such a pain to re-write tho, I completely lost the edits I added after Naberu-san beta-d. Which is soannoying like bruh I want to shoot me in the face. I think this is karma for relying on my shit-ass wifi :D

P.S: There is 2k views on this ff on wattpad. That's crazy lol. I didn't expect this to gain any views on this platform. I don't mind if this had no readers since this is just a silly ff I made for a "what-if" scenario I had in my mind but it's nice to see there's quite a lot of people reading this. I do love is the comments. They're very fun and hilarious to read lmAO. In ao3 there's sort of a "culture" on replying on every comment that readers leave. I don't know if they do that here on Wattpad so I'm trying not to spam everyone's notification by replying to every comment every user leave but sometimes I can't help it since y'all very funny. SO yeah thanks a lot for the support!!!<3

Edit as of 12.07.2023: Changes for a more consistency between the plot, characters, and conflicts.