childe, it's not good manners to kill someone you just met

In a matter of seconds, the cuffs on Childe's wrists were gone and hydro blades pointed toward Aizawa's throat. The air turns deadly as Aizawa peers into dead blue eyes. Nothing reflects on it, it had no light. It's as if the thing he was staring at wasn't eyes but a foggy and murky body of water that hides more than it shows. Aizawa thinks, 'dangerous. he's dangerous'

"Childe stop it! He's here to help" Aether drags Childe backward but the redhead was still staring at him suspiciously. Aether sends a sheepish smile towards the teacher, "Sorry about that. He's a little paranoid. World-hopping and everything"

Aizawa must have let his guard down. Let his defenses down with the innocent Aether. He didn't think the blonde's companion was crazy. Childe moved with the intent to kill. Aizawa did look into his eyes but still, nothing changed. It confirmed the fact that their powers were out of this world if Aizawa couldn't even erase it.

"Is he really here to help?" Aether nods. Childe swivels around, narrowing his eyes at Aizawa for a minute. They had this weird stare-off before Childe sees whatever he wanted to see and smile.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Childe. Sorry for er-" He tries to find a good and less severe sounding substitute for killing, "trying to decapitate you"

Aizawa stares unimpressed. Aether facepalms.

Childe laughs like he didn't just admit to attempting to murder someone, "Now, don't look at me like that! I thought you were a bad guy. I woke up cuffed to a bed after all"

"Speaking of cuffs how did you get out of yours?" Aether asks

"Eh? I just summoned my hydro blades and poof they were gone," Childe smiled brightly. There was a hint of "I'm fucking insane" in there but it was Childe, of course, there was a hint of insanity. "You know I mine ores that way. Except for cor lapis those things are as hard as the rocks Zhongli has for a brain."

"Impressive" Aizawa mutters, clearly, these people were stronger than initially thought. Aizawa doesn't trust to leave this room and not return to a mess. He calls the Principal to tell them their "guests" were awake.

∙•・◦●♟●◦・•∙

Childe whispers at Aether, "Who's that hobo talking to? There's literally no one"

"I don't know either. Maybe he's invisible?" Aether supposes but that wouldn't add up. Aizawa wasn't really looking at anything just talking while holding the rectangular picture frame to his ear. "Also his name is Aizawa, not hobo"

Childe rolls his eyes, "I literally don't care. Where's Zhongli?" Aether points toward the bed and immediately, the harbinger shuffles toward his not-boyfriend boyfriend.

Childe checks over Zhongli, looking for any visible scars or wounds before sighing in relief. Looks like his Zhongli was fine. Childe's lips quirk up as he observes the man's sleeping face, he wonders how he could fuck such a fine man on a regular basis. He cards his hand through Zhongli's tresses.

"Mmhm, Childe?" Zhongli smiles, his eyes crinkling and Childe's heart skips a beat. Childe decides he can let himself pretend everything is okay for a couple days. Smile and laugh until the day he has to leave.

"Yes?"

"Continue." Childe chuckles at Zhongli smiling into his touch. "Where are we? This is not Liyue. I can feel it in the earth."

"Uh. I don't know. Let me ask Aether" Childe shouts, "Hey Aether where are we?"

"Another world. Not Teyvat"