side stories 1 & 2

The following are all parts of the book that wasn't included in the main story. Enjoy!

∙•・◦●♟●◦・•∙

Side Story 1

Zhongli glances at the clock for the 37th time before turning back to his papers. He taps his foot impatiently as he reads the same line of words, letters failing to register in his mind.

'He's late' Zhongli bites his lip, 'Did he change his mind? Does he regret reconciling with me?'

Zhongli sighs. He looks back to his paper. Mind blank.

He sighs again.

"Aiya! Sigh one more time and I'm firing you!" Hu tao crumples a piece of paper into a ball before throwing it at Zhongli's head. "Did he dump you again?"

Zhongli shoots a glare at the Director's teasing grin, refusing to dignify her words with a reply. The ex-archon glances at the clock once more, 'He's late'

The paper in his hands wrinkles as he grips it tight, thinking of his options before standing up, he looks at Hu Tao and bows, "I apologize but I'll be leaving. I have a pr-"

Childe slams the door open, his hair ruffled messily and shoots a charming smile. "Xiansheng! Sorry I'm late. The firewater arrived thirty minutes later than scheduled"

Zhongli beams, ignoring Hu Tao's laughter, he grabs Childe's wrists and pulls the redhead away from the Funeral parlor but not before Hu Tao sneaks in a snarky remark, "I want to receive a red envelope this new years!"

Childe shoots Zhongli a confused look but Zhongli turns away ears tinged red.

A good distance away from the Wangsheng Parlor, Zhongli stops and faces Childe, "Where are we headed?"

Childe throws his head back laughing, "From how fast you were walking I thought you already had a destination in mind but come let's go to my house"

A few minutes of walking, they enter Childe's house. It was his first time here, even before the Osial Incident, Zhongli never entered here. He mutters a small "Sorry to disturb" before taking off his shoes only to gasp at Childe walking in with his boots. Zhongli shrills, "Childe!"

Childe stops, shocked, "Wha-what did I do?"

"Take off your shoes" Zhongli purses his lips in disapproval. "That's dirty, Childe"

"It's fine! It's not even dirty. No blood or mud." Childe smiles easy-going only for it to drop at Zhongli's unimpressed stare. "Fine"

Zhongli nod appreciatively, content at the fact that there were no more outdoor shoes inside the house.

"Sit there while I ready some snacks to go with the firewater" Childe points at the small dining table with only two chairs. Zhongli settles in one and he observes Childe's living conditions. It was...empty.

It wasn't small by any means but not uselessly large either. There was a large couch and an unlit fireplace, even a large painting above it. Yet it still looks empty. Like no one was living in it in the past year. The throw pillows on the couch have no sign of it even being moved at all, even the kitchen-slash-dining they were in looked like it was unused.