☁️🏹Rook Hunt🏹☁️

This was requested by Eve134256, hope you enjoy it! This is a modern AU!

💜From the Pomefiore dorm...💜
🏹Rook Hunt🏹
💜One word💜

You and Rook had been dating 2 and a half years. Both now grown adults, you had enjoyed each other's love in the heart of Japan, Tokyo.

You shared an apartment, big enough to fit both of you in and have your own little workspace just in case some pandemic had struck.

You were talking about marriage, but it always sounded so distant, impossible. Although it sounded very hard to achieve, the thought of it made you happy.

You looked up from your notebook, you had been writing aimlessly for the past two hours. You were writing a poem, but nothing seemed to cross your mind.

You tried to concentrate as much as you could, but the sakura outside was too tempting, testing if you are able to not look at it.

The cherry blossom tree was blooming in beautiful light pink, mixed with deep, dark red coming from the other trees.

You decided to get ready for your date with Rook, he asked you to meet up with him under one of the trees.

You put on one of your most beautiful outfits you had, and headed out.

You could see Rook's blonde hair from the distance, he had his back turned to you, so you decided to surprise him.

You creeped behind him slowly and covered his eyes.

"Guess who?" You asked in a cheery voice.

"I've heard you darling. But it's my dear Y/n if you have to insist." Rook answered and turned to you.

You crossed your arms in frustration, "How do you always know it's me? Are you a move detecting robot or something?"

Rook chuckled, and shook his head. "Last time I checked, I was a normal human with a beautiful partner that made my days go better!"

You blushed, he was just too honest.

"Shall we go darling?"

Without hesitation, Rook grabbed your hand and began to walk down the tree alley.

You talked, like usual, but something seemed out of place. Rook has been avoiding eye contact, which was weird of him. You couldn't help but think if something was wrong with you. Were you ugly to him? That couldn't be right.

Eventually, you shrugged it off and kept walking.

Suddenly, Rook stopped, still holding your hand, stopping you as well.

He looked down on the ground, avoiding eye contact again.

"Rook? What's wrong?"

He gulped and finally looked up.

"Y/n, I've known you ever since college, and i truly loved you ever since back then... So, I've been thinking, this dating thing should stop..."

Rook got on one knee and smiled.

"In other words, will you marry me?"

This. This is what you've waited for. Even though, it came too fast. You were shocked.

Rook opened a small box and a beautiful ring with a garnet in it.

Tears ran down your eyes in happiness.

"Yes!"

One word. That had sealed your happiness with Rook.

(A/n): I'm sorry, this was shorter than expected, I'll try to make longer oneshots okay?? Have a nice day/night!!