Chapter eight

Skylar's POV

It's been weeks and having the hunters around was actually somewhat nice. I mean Armen, Drake and Greyson left but all is well. Star sat on the kitchen table a she helped me make cookies for her school bake sale. She's got a cute little accent since she's lived here her whole life after being born in America so she's a U.S citizen even though I try and visit family in England and Scotland. Fun fact I had lyth look for my family and she found my cousins and other relatives.

"Hey pumpkin can you not eat the chocolate chips?" I asked her as she took a bite of a chocolate Hershey kiss candy. She stopped and giggled. "Sorry momma" she said embarrassed. "It's okay but remember the rule" I said waiting for her to continue. "Don't eat candy without eating real food first" she said as I had to beat that into her head every time she ate candy without eating actual food. I picked up the tray of cookie dough balls and stuck it into the oven so we could get this done. "Momma, what's that?" Star pointed out the window to a man who stood out there. Quickly I gabbed Star and set her in the living room under a few blankets. "Stay here until I get back okay?" I asked her nicely as she nodded. No one else was home besides me and Star. Quickly I readied a spell and walked outside where the man was before. He stood there an waited till I got close enough. "My names hunter Alexander, I'm here to ask you if my friends and I may come inside, the bitter cold is freezing us all to death and we have a wounded friend" Alexander asked waiting for my response. "How do I know I can trust that you won't hurt me or my daughter?" I asked wirily. What? I was cautious for my daughters safety.

"Please I really don't see the point in hurting you or a child when we have to protect you and your family" he said as he tried to walk towards me but instead I took a step back. "ALEX HE'S BLEEDING TO DEATH!" Someone yelled running towards us with blood on her hands. "Um fine, come in and I'll see what I an get done for your friend" I said as a few people walked out from hiding and went towards the house along with a wounded person. But eh was more than wounded, he was on the brink if death! Oh lord help me.

Star's POV (didn't expect the kid huh?)

I watched as mommy led a few people inside and a man who was hurt. Suddenly I felt someone grab me and I screamed for mommy. "PUT MY DAUGHTER DOWN!" Mommy yelled at the man who set me down gently. Quickly I ran to my cubby hole, crying. "Star!" Mommy yelled as I made my way inside, it was small so mommy couldn't get in. I sat there sobbing as mommy tried to et me out but failed. After an hour or so I herd a voice. "Hey kid" I looked to see a dark skinned man smiling at me. "The names Andrew, what's yours princess?" He asked sweetly which made me giggle. "I'm star" I said quietly. "Star? That's a beautiful name for a princess like you" he smiled which made me inch closer to him. He held out his hand for me to take and I slowly did.

"What's wrong princess?" He asked seeming confused when I left my cubby hole with red stains down my cheeks. "A man scared me and mommy scared me" I whimpered as he held me close. "Aw princess, I don't think your mommy or my friend were trying I scare you" he said softly. "Come on, my close friend is hurt but he said he wanted to meet the princes of the castle" he smiled as he picked me up and placed me on his hip. I giggled as he took me upstairs. He took me into the guest room where a the man was laying down looking at the ceiling. "Hey Mike this is Star the princess of the castle" he said in a posh tone. I heard a soft chuckle come from the man as we moved closer. Andrew set me on the bed next to Mike who tried to move up. Andrew helped him up a bit do Mike could see me. "Wow. Well isn't she a beauty?" He smiled kindly as I crawled a bit closer. "What happened to your face?" I asked noticing a long scratch.

He touched it lightly before a sad look came across his face. "It's going to turn into a scar, isn't it Andrew?" He said looking at the other male. "Afraid so babe" he said softly. Babe? "Are you two gay?" I asked as my curiosity intrigued. They both looked at me within an instant. "Yea, is that a problem for you princess?" Andrew asked a little afraid. "No, why? Why would I care that you like another guy? It's what makes you happy that makes me happy" I said a little dumbfounded. They sighed before smiling. "So what do you like to do princess?" Andrew asked smiling brightly. I thought for a moment and thinking of what I liked to do most. "I like climbing trees and tackling my brother but a few weeks ago he hurt me so I don't play with him anymore" I said sadly as I thought about my brother. I wish I knew why he did it, because I don't think my brother likes it when we talk about Isis cause she left.

"Hey Andrew, Mike!" I turned around to see a male who looked similar to Andrew. "Hey Eli, what brings you here bro?" Andrew asked getting up to hug Eli. "Not much just came to see Mike, an this must be Star. Hi Star I'm a close friend of Isis" he said with a little grin. I gasped when he said that cause I haven't seen Isis in a long time. "Do you know where she is?" I asked quickly. "Getting training to be a hunter to come over and help protect your family, she's in England right now and is going to be there for a few years to get the training done" he said which made my heart break. Isis was like a big sister to me and now she's gone for a few years.

"Where's my brother?" I broke the killer silence. "With Lycia, out of town and we have three hunters keeping track of them plus one hunter got every family member who is not home" Eli stated as he sat me down and started to explain to me that I can't tell anyone else what he told me. I w going to ask why when he told me it would protect Isis so I had shut up. I ha to make sure my big sister would be safe.