Chapter fourteen

What she looks like above now /\

Lythion's POV

I stared in horror, my once innocent daughter is now a Hunter/Assassin. What she's wearing reminded myself if me when I was young. "Yea? And you are?" She asked which broke my heart. My baby girl doesn't remember me? Tears streamed down my eyes as I watched mess with a knife she had in her boot. "You do know I'm just kidding right?" She chuckled a bit which caused me to turn my sadness into anger. "DONT FUCKING DO THAT ISIS YOU HAVE BEEN GONE FOR ELEVEN MONTHS AND I WAS WORRIED SICK AND YOU PLAY THIS STUPID CARD? Do you realize how much we care?" I yelled furiously only to let my voice get softer.

While she had been gone I turned into my old self, the badass girl not the sweet loving one who would do anything to protect their child. Now I'm both, I care yet I don't want to care anymore. Man why was I born? If I wasn't born maybe things for everyone would be normal. "Mom I'm sorry, Jesus Christ okay?" She stated looking annoyed. I turned my head to Eli and raised an eyebrow at him. "Uh, love, you shouldn't really act like that to your mom, she did in fact, nearly died when she had you, you at least have got to respect her" Eli stated feeling a bit awkward.

She rolled her eyes and that set me off. I didn't realize my body had moved before I could do anything. It was silent for a moment as Isis clutched her cheek. It pained me to see her like this but she has to know she can't treat me like this. "You-you slapped me" she said with hurt in her voice. I wanted to hug her but I didn't. "Maybe you shouldn't have been born" I stated before walking away angrily. Did I really say that?

'Sorry it was me, she had to know lyth, I'm super sorry' my fox said as I understood. She needed it, even if it pained me to hurt her like that.

Skylar's POV

For the most part, staying silent and watching things go down really did some justice as Isis cleaned up her act and acted more respectful towards her family over the next few days. Zeek stuck around hanging out with his little sister and Cy had talked to Isis and their now really close. But watching them from my balcony was nice as I saw a few Hunters teaching Cy a few moves and Isis got lesson inside the house in the study room.

"Um, Aunty Sky?" I looked to see Hayden looking at me. "What is it Hayden?" I asked as I walked to my bed and sat down. "What do you know about gifted people?" He seemed to be asking a very specific question. "Well there are twenty levels of gifts," I started to count them off, "level one is better eyesight, it's common even to normal humans, next a level two is better hearing, level three better smell, level four is seeing beyond its alo most like you can tell something's there when you don't see it, level five is earth, level six is air, level seven, fire, level eight water, level nine shapeshift, level ten, telekinesis, level eleven telepathy, level twelve is charm casting nothing's on do with people like a magical being such as me and Jesus,

Level thirteen is night seer you can see in the dark is basically what that one is, level fourteen is appearance changer Zeek has that I know it for a fact, level fifteen is fastening which has a different meaning in our world-" "What is it?" He asked cutting me off. "It's where you can do anything faster than others, if a girl has it the baby with develop faster than normal," i explained but continued, "level sixteen is Wall Walking, level seventeen is ink master, level eighteen is vampire seeker, level nineteen is werewolf seeker, and then level twenty soul seeing" I finished off.

"What exactly is soul seeing?" He asked seeming curious. "It's where you can see the dead, there are different types of dead. There are the spirits, there are the demons, there are the angles, there are the ghost, there are those who are in solitary-they are living and dead, then their are the hell hounds, the Druids, the hounds of heaven, and then the bright lights" I stated as I looked at his fascinated face. "What's the bright lights?" He asked going out of his trance. "Children who died young, they protect the people whom they like and are sent down from heaven to care for children with gifts" I said firmly as he nodded.

"How do you know so much about that? I've read every book here and there's nothing here about that" he asked accusingly. "I'm a sorceress, we have knowledge beyond your belief and a funny part too, we don't die, I stopped aging a few years ago, I'll always look like this now" I stated as my mind flickered to the thought of loosing my best friend. She will die when I will live forever. Hayden got up and left me alone with my thoughts but really my thoughts needed to be shared. Maybe if I see Lyth today I can talk to her about this.