Chapter sixteen

Hayden's POV

Mom had us go upstairs but my des lingered on Star. She's a gifted, now just any gifted but a level zero. "How's it like being a gifted?" Hanson asked at his cousin. I wanted to laugh a bit because I'm their nephew and their my uncle and aunt. The irony right? "I don't feel any different, I mean it's cool but is nothing a normal sorceress should know" Star said with a shrug. "Maybe it will be easier for you to hide it like that" I said as I raised my hand to start playing with my magic.

"I'm going to my room" I said and the two younger kids ran off playing which I don't really care about anymore. I went strait to my bathroom and locked the door. I sat at the edge of the tub as I saw a ghost appear. "What wrong with you kid?" She asked, I smiled lightly when I saw her. "Hey Veronica, nothing it's just that everyone thinks Star is special because of her gift" I sighed looking round.

"Kid just because she an block people from other gifts doesn't mean she's that special, your special you can see ghost and bring us back" she laughed slightly. "I mean I think your the reason why there are Hunters here, thy what to find the gifted or something that will help the enemy" she said with no emotion. "What do you mean?" I pressed. "Nothing maybe if they eliminated the problem that they wounds have to protect you guys anymore" she stated with a 'duh' tone. "Your an idiot" I sighed looking at my door.

"I'm a ghost, what do you expect from me?" She argued. She's dead and yet she can still have a say in my head? How does that work? "Leave him along Veronica, you know he's just looking for comfort" Daisy yelled at her in her seven year old pouting voice. I smiled at her. She's a bright light who died before being born and if I wanted too, she could be alive beside me and live in the real world.

"Don't care Daisy now get out if here" Veronica yelled which caused me to snap at her and she disappeared. "Wow who said the living had no affect on the dead?" She giggled innocently. I guess that's why their called bright lights, their innocent from birth to death.

Isis POV

I watched the outside area for a while until my eyes landed on a unfamiliar person. They were leaving but in the distance the person was talking to someone. Trader? I shook my head and looked away for a moment only to hear giggling. And not the type I hear normally, this one sounded ghostly. I ran upstairs to Hayden's bathroom and batches right through, breaking the door in the process. My eyes widen when I saw Hayden and a little girl standing next to each other. The girl shrieked and disappeared and my eyes turned to Hayden who looked like he was looking for a way out of this. "Hayden Dimitri Anthony Flames, explain yourself" I ordered and he started to spill.

What the fuck? After he had finished I stared at him with no expression on my face. "Are you mad?" He asked, carefully choosing his words. "No, I jut can't believe it, our mission was to find the gifted and take them to safety leaving everyone else safe, if your the one they are looking for they are surely wrong" I mumbled. Everyone was thinking my mom is the gifted one, not a eight year old. Why now and why does it have to be the little boy I raised for two years? Oh dear lord! That means my mom is in danger when is not her!

Quickly I got up and ran downstairs to my mom. She was sitting on the couch drinking a cup of hot chocolate. "MOM" I yelled, she looked up at me with worried eyes. "Mom I need you to come with me" I said grabbing her upper arm as dragging her to whee I left Hayden and she looked dumbfounded. "Is there anyone else in the house right now?" I asked. "No everyone left to fin the vampire seer, why what is this about?" Se asked a bit startled.

"It's Hayden! They want Hayden!" I yelled looking at him. "Yes but they also what me Isis" mom spoke softly and I stared at her quickly. "Gramma, what's going on?" Hayden asked my mother. She sighed and looked at me. "The amulet I wear is the only thing that will activate Hayden's level, he can see the dead yes, but he can't bring them back unless he has my amulet, it's the only thing thy want from me, that's why they killed me, to get it but you took it before they could, you saved us and you wore it ever since, the necklace gave protection to the person who wears it, you protected yourself, and the ones you love" she sighed giving me a regretful smile. Well my life is fucked.