The Hybrid

Smoky Mountains, Tennessee

Klaus, Natalie and Stefan were walking up the mountains as Stefan had Ray over his shoulders.

"You okay. Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus ask Stefan

"I'm fine."

"You sure about that? You know we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..." Klaus says continuing to tease Stefan.

"I need water and a sit down. Why couldn't I just stay in the car. I'm hot and my hair is getting dry, frizzy and sticking to my face."

Harley was having the time of her life in the woods. She had a leash around her neck, with Natalie holding it.

Stefan looks at Klaus and then faces forward again. "You know, I get that we're, uh— we're stuck together, Klaus, but if we could maybe just skip the chit chat, I'd be great."

"So much brooding your self loathing is suffocating you, my friend." Klaus tells him

"This heat is making me suffocate. My feet hurt." Natalie whines

"Maybe it's cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer." Stefan says annoyed

"Nik let me get on your back." Klaus sighs and bends down a little. She jumps on his back and he takes the leash.

"Did you have to wear a thin shirt with no bra love."

"Well Nik its hot and I was not going to wear a bra. It was just gonna make me sweat more and make me uncomfortable." She goes up to his ear and whispers, "And don't complain you know you love my boobs pressed to your back."

Stefan says something before Klaus can. "I'm also sick of you guys flirting."

"Don't be jealous Stefan. You'll find some to flirt with. I'm sure someone out there will make you happy like Elena did."

Stefan gives her a tight lip smile.

"Well thanks to our pal Ray, we've found ourselves a pack. There."

Stefan walks up to the campsite and everyone looks up as Klaus, and Natalie are right by him.

Stefan drops the body in front of them. A girl runs to Ray body.

"Ray. Oh my god. Whats going on? Who are you?"

Klaus walks up and speak up as he puts Natalie on the ground. He also hands her the leash.

"The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

The woman realizes. "You're the hybrid."

He smirks. "You've heard of me. Fantastic."

Natalie rolled her eyes. "You just had to go and make his ego larger." She then smirk when she got a glare from Klaus. She had increased the headache pain. She loved increasing and decreasing the pain.