Chapter 15

A/N The chapter, as promised! Happy Birthday to AngieStories ^_^

Enjoy!

~

Y/N POV

I headed back to the hospital as soon as possible after I packed in fear of leaving L for too long. I knew he was stable but it still worried me. As I was walking my phone rang. The ringtone identified it as Light. Ugh. I answered it "Hello Light?"

"Hello Y/N sorry for calling again but I was wondering after you were done packing if you would like to meet up?" He asked.

I cringed for a moment. I really wanted to get back to see L but I didn't want to be rude. "I'm busy right now but I can meet up in SoHo Coffee in about 20 minutes?" I asked, hoping he'd say no as SoHo was at the other end of town.

"Thats perfect! See ya there!" He replied a little too entusiastically.

I ended the call with a sigh. Dammit.

I hastily made my way back to L and I was surprised to see him sat up with his laptop biting his thumb in concentration.

"Why hello, aren't you active today" I laughed, mocking him.

He gave me an unimpressed look but still bent forward to kiss my cheek as I sat next to him on the bed.

The screen on his laptop was a word file and he had several tabs open about 'Kira' and their so called supporters.

"Well you've been busy!" I say leaning my head on his shoulder.

He shrugs me away.

"As much as I love you, I really need to complete this okay?"

I nod pretending to be hurt.

"I'm sorry its just I feel like we're wasting time while I'm in hospital. You're stuck with me and I'm making no progress with the case. Many people are dying. Please go outside, have fun while I work" He says sympathetically.

I smile. "Don't worry about me! Just heal quickly. If it makes you feel better I'll go get cupcakes okay?" I chuckle.

His eyes light up at the promise of cake. All hospital food is healthy and strictly no cake.

I kiss him again and set off to meet light. I can meet him quickly then get cupcakes.

Simple enough.

I take a cab to SoHo coffee and sit in a booth there. I'm 5 minutes early dammit.

I play a game on my phone for a while. Trying to earn a Bunny character on Crossy Road, stupid cute rabbit. I don't even notice Light sitting down oposite me.

I open my mouth to say hello but he shushes me. 'Rude' I think.

"Hello Y/N, I needed to meet you here today because we need to talk. I have a secret to tell you and I know I can trust you." He says, with that sickly sweet smile.

I nod, he's so weird I'm kind of scared of what he could possibly want to tell me.

"Yes, you can trust me. We're friends right?" I say, trying not to grimace.

"Yes. But first I have a few questions. Are you aware of who or what Kira is?"

My heart sinks.

I think I'm going to be sick.

~

A/N thanks for reading!