Chapter 18

A/N SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG! ENJOY :D

Y/N POV

L wanted his plan to be put in action the very next day despite my objections. Part of me was terrified, part of me relieved this would soon be over.

He called in the SPK and they had a meeting together. I was banished to the other side of the room because apparently it was "private". I sat with my legs hanging over the back of the chair and my head upside down, deep in thought.

This wasn't going to be easy so I had to plan out what to say and how to control my body language in front of Light.

Half and hour later L called me to join the group.

"We have the plan all set. The SPK vans are already outside the restaurant where you are to meet Light." He clipped a small black device to the back of my shirt and handed me a tiny piece of black rubber. "This is the microphone and headset which attaches inside the ear canal. This means I can talk to you and hear you 24/7".

"Creeper" I muttered.

He frowned but then smiled. "All thats left is for you to text Light and meet with him at 1:00".

I nodded and slipped my phone out of my pocket and sent a simple text:

"Hey, sorry about the other day.

Wanna meet at Raviolis at 1:00?

:) x"

Precisely 1 minute later he replied.

"Sure, come alone".

I replied yes and started getting ready.

Under L's instruction I dressed casual. It was funny to see him so jelous.I arrived at Raviolis at 12:58. The SPK were waiting undercover but L insisted on walking me to the door. He kissed me on the cheek and handed me some notecards. "Look, I've never been the jelous type but please stick to these cards? I really love you alot and it pains me for you to be with anyone else". I nod and kiss him. "I'll try my best" I say pushing open the door to the restaurant. "I'll see you very soon? I love you" is the last thing I hear from him before I enter and sit in a booth.

~

Lights POV

"My plan is going well. This will be too easy" I think entering the restaurant.

I see Y/N sitting in a booth so I sit there too.

"Hello Y/N" I say as friendly as possible.

"Hey. I felt pretty bad about the other day so I thought we could come here, nice place right?".

I nod and pick up a menu.

Making sure to be discreet I slip her a piece of paper. Then watch the look of horror on her face form.

~

Y/N POV

I unfold the paper he slipped me, setting aside L's unread notecards.

It reads: "Y/N you are to do exactly as this paper says or you and L will be dead within the hour. Do not have any reaction to this paper. I know L must have a plan and you are wearing a mic or some type of device and he wouldn't send you alone here. And I know how scared you are.

You are to act as romantic as possible while we are here. Or else.

After dinner we will exit through the back entrance and I have a car waiting. If you call for help you will both die instantly. You will do these things if you want L to live".

I choke back tears and the feeling of dread in my stomach.

I glance up to see him reading the menu as casually as anyone.

I can sense the ear piece set up for L to speak to me but I have to protect L.

I pretend to itch my ear and remove it. It kills me he has to hear this but I have to keep him alive.

"Actually Light, the true reason I asked you here is because I think I love you and I wanted to ask, will you be my boyfriend?".

I hear a very faint gasp from my disgarded ear piece, confirming he can hear me from the mic. Please oh God don't let L take me seriously please.

"I share the same feelings Y/N, of course I will be". He replies with a smile, taking my hand.

The next half hour is torture. We chat about nothing in particular. We eat the exquisite food which tastes like cardboard to me. And ocassionally Light will caress my hand or kiss my cheek.

Eventually we finish and he takes my hand firmly. "I think we should leave now Y/N" he says in the same fake sweet tone he always uses. I watch his hand grope the earpiece from the booth and smash it underfoot.

I hastily grab my notecards from L and stuff them in my pocket. Likely my final gift from him. As we exit the back I realise that the SPK will not see us. They were situated at the front and L now has no way of contacting me. All they can hear is what I say to Light.

He opens the door of a black taxi and lightly pushes me into the back seat.

He locks all of the doors and climbs into the empty drivers seat. I get the feeling the cab owner is not longer alive.

With no escape I sit silently while he drives away. He turns the stereo up loudly and I glance at him in the car mirror. He moves his head slightly to the music but wears a smug grin on his face.

I curl up, feet tucked to my chest, and allow tears to spill onto my cheeks. I disgreetly unclip the tiny microphone and whisper into it "I'm sorry Lawliet, I love you and I'm sorry". I clasp it into my fist and wish he could respond. How must this look to him? I agree to date Light then run away with him. I did it to protect him. I hope he is smart enough to figure it out. These thoughts fill my head. The image of the last time I saw him is burned into my brain and my tears turn to quiet sobs...

~

Mwahahaha! >:3 Th next chapter will be up very soon! But I thought this would be fun: Pick the plot for the next few chapters ! To vote just comment a letter!

A- Involves 3 other characters c; (If you love DN you know who)

B- Involves 1 other character (who some DN fans may know)

C- Involves a jelous boyfriend c;