part 3- his best friend from chicago

One by one, Duckies piled into the ring.

They lined up against the wall in somewhat of an army formation, they started the new girl down.

"Alright everyone, this is Mia Williams, say hi.." Connie opened with.

"How you doin Ms Williams!" The goalie called out, "You can call me Goldberg, or you can call me yours?" He winked.

"Oh shut up Goldberg!" The one with glasses hit the goalie in disgust, "I'm Averman.."

"Adam Banks.." One awkwardly raised his hand to introduce himself.

They went along in a row, Russ, Julie, Guy, Ken, Dwayne and Luis. They were chatting but Connie was irritated.

"What's the matter?" I turned to ask her.

"The stupid bash brothers are late.. Hey, who called Futon and Dean?!" She yelled at them.

"They said they were-" Russ tried to talk but got interrupted by a pair of tall load hockey players entering the room.

Both tall and in grungy leather outfits, the pair chanted as they entered the ice. Although Mia had an idea as to while the Chicago man was.

"Portman, this is where you wound up?!" Mia yelled out, immediately turning Deans head as he knew that voice.

"Little Mia Williams?!" He called out, skating towards her and pulling her in for a rib crushing hug.

"They miss you out in Chicago, buddy.." She tried to get the words out but the hug was crushing both her lungs.

"I heard about Mrs Williams, I'm so sorry Mia-"

"It's alright Portman, we moved out here and I heard about that fancy scholarship. Your dad won't stop talking about it.." She smiled.

"I'd gather that Derek will be sending you to Eden Hall, being a fancy man.." Dean mocked.

"Oh, you know it.." She mocked right back.

The pair completely neglected the group behind them who were full of questions, Averman practically begged for an explanation.

"Ducks, this is little Mia, she's like a little sister to me so if you screw with her, I'll murder you.." He threatens.

"Who's gonna tell Charlie's he's a dead man walking?" Averman asked the group.

The group talked for a bit, learning about each other. The Ducks liked Mia and equally, Mia liked the Ducks.

"Enough small talk, let's see what she can do.." Russ said, revealing a puck.

"You're all dead.." Dean muttered in laughter.

He was probably right.

"I don't have any gear with me, it's back home.." Mia added.

"I'm sure that we've got things spare, let me show you.." Connie offered.

Once Mia was padded up and ready to go, she returned to the ice. I had to borrow an old Ducks jersey to play, nobody really seemed to mind. Everyone had their helmets on and were discussing teams. Mia was to play alongside Connie, Dean, Fulton, Ken and Julie.

"Alright, let's see what you can do Chicago.." Averman said as we headed to the middle for the beginning of the game.

"Let's see how long it takes for me to break your glasses.." She smiled, Mia could hear him gulp in partial fear.

The puck was thrown down and immediately Mia gained possession. She passed it to Ken first, who moved it to Julie and then to Dean. Dean skated up the ice, barging through anyone who got in his way.

"Williams on three!" He roared out from the opposite side of the ice, signalling that he was about to pass the puck to her to take a shot.

"On three!" She yelled back, accepting the pass and moving in to take her score.

"Lady we don't have to do this!" Goldberg yelled but Mia used all her might to push it to the back of the net.

Dean cheered in applause, the others were shocked at how simple it was for her to score against them.

"I think this is the longest you've stayed on for Williams!" Dean mocked as they were about to start again.

"Now Dean, my anger is that bad-"

Before she could finish, the door to the ice slammed open, revealing the Duckie captain looking very angry.

"So, who called practice?!" He aggressively asked the group, Mia pulled off her borrowed helmet to see what was going on, "Who invited the new girl?"

"Good morning to you too, Conway.." Mia smirked.

"I invited everyone to meet her without you coming in and starting an argument.." Connie owned up.

"Why is she in a Ducks jersey, she doesn't get to wear that unless she's a Duck!" Charlie yelled out again.

"Have you got a problem with her, Conway?!" Dean yelled out, skating towards him.

"What's it to you, Portman?" He spat back.

"Because Mia is one of my closest friends, from Chicago. If you have a problem with her, you have a problem with me-"

"Relax Dean, if Conways got a problem with me, he can talk to me.." Mia interrupted there argument.

"Or I can play you, seems like they wanted to see what your like at the game so I want in.." Charlie offered.

"She's already a goal up, Charlie, in the first play.." Russ informed him.

"Lucky shot, let's say.." Charlie scoffed.

"That's it, I'm playing this cocky captain.." Mia called out, returning to the middle of the ice to restart after her goal.

"I should warn you, Conway, she's known for not lasting very long on the ice. She makes little boys like you cry.." Dean whispered to him, making Charlie to a double-take.

The game was set up once again and Charlie stood against Mia to collect the first puck. And just like that, the game began.