part 8- make out or murder

Nobody really understands why time seems to speed up.

For Mia anyway, Friday couldn't have come fast enough, it was short and sweet. As the first week back to school should be, but on Friday evening, Mia's week was still not over.

She had Varsity punks to destroy, she'd attended training all week to prepare for this moment, maybe she'll kick the captain where the sun doesn't shine, again.

"You ready for this, Mia?"

Connie had met Mia in the changing room before the game, Julie was there too. They had that room to themself but would have to hurry up to meet the boys before the game.

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be.." She laughed back at Connie.

The girls were headed to the locker room, walking into another one which was packed with teenage boys. They welcomed the girls inside and sat down, preparing for Bombay's massive inspirational speech.

"Alright, alright!" Gordon cried out, "Today's game day! I want you to do your best, but okay well. Defence when playing against these guys is key, play it cool, relaxed."

Nobody cared for the speech, they just stared at each other and tried not to laugh. They just wanted to play some hockey.

When it was time to leave the locker room, the gang lined up and headed out to the ice, crowds gathered to see the game.

"And tonight folks we have gathered for the Warriors versus Ducks re-match, last year our Varsity team was defeated and today is their moment for redemption!" The game commentator announced, " The teams are somewhat similar to last year player-wise, one addition it on both the Ducks and the Warriors! For the Ducks, Mia Williams has joined the team and for our Warriors, Andrew Foster!"

The teams loaded onto the ice, taking their positions to play. Mia was to begin on the bench, looking out to the game and noticed another new kid, Andrew Foster, hit the ice. He was looking to her too, shooting a quick wink before focusing his mind on the game at hand.

Charlie noticed the brief encounter, the feeling his jaw clenched and the grip he had on his hockey stick tighten. Mia hadn't noticed his stares, she was speaking with Connie who saw the wink and wanted all the information. Although there wasn't much to say, Foster and Mia had never met.

The start whistle was blower and the game began, the puck going up and down the ice, nobody keeping possession for too long. Bombay was frustrated that there was not a single goal scored and that the game was going slow.

"It looks like Coach Bombay is bringing on the new girl, Mia Williams, along with the famous bash brothers!" The commutator called out.

She took her position on the ice, holding her eyes on the puck as it went from Dean to Banks and then to Conway. Charlie was pushed up against the wall with three guys bigger than him fighting for the puck.

"Conway, pass it!" Mia shouted through them.

He kept the fight going.

"I'm open Conway, pass it!" She called out in a much more frustrated tone.

Charlie kept his pettiness up, not letting go and choosing to try to get out of this alone, without Mia's help.

"Charlie pass the god damn puck!" She screamed at him this time, catching Russ off guard and making him jump a little.

Charlie lost control and the puck was taken by one of the Varsity players who skated straight down the ice. He could hear Mia's disappointment as she skated right by him to try to win the puck back but, it was too late.

Scooter scored.

"Aw, looks like the little princess couldn't stop me!" He jeered at him, provoking Mia's anger.

She picked up her stick and gave him a swift wack to the back of his leg, which he over dramatically cried out in pain over. The ref decided to personally assort me to the time out box over that one.

"You know I could show him some real pain, I could kill his hopes of future children!" Mia yelled at the ref, she was basically shoved into the box at that point.

"Two minutes!" He yelled back at her, although Mia turned to the cheering crowd and took a bow.

"There is no shame from new player Williams as she bows to the crowd over being sent off, not an unusual occurrence for her in matches, we hope for her sake she can learn to hold her tongue!" Mia hated the commentator right now.

The match continued and by the time Mia was let out of the box, there were only ten seconds left and a goal wasn't possible. Victory belonged to the Warriors.

Every Duck felt the defeat as they shook the hands of their opponents, Charlie didn't even bother to be a good sport, he just left before anyone could say anything. Mia was turning to leave the ice, yelling on her mind, when she bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry.." She looked up to see who it was, "Oh, hey Andrew.."

"Mia, hey! You played really well but um, next game, I'd like to see you on the ice, not in the box. You seem like you've got a good shot!" Andrew explained, smiling his way through his sentence.

"Thanks for the tip. Shouldn't you be enjoying your win?" Mia asked.

"They're all jerks, I'm only there to play the game. I mean you've met Rick Reilly.." He joked, getting a laugh out of Mia.

"I have indeed. I've gotta go but um, I'll see you around, Andrew.." She smiled at him

"I'll see you soon, Mia.." He smiled back.

Mia's mind was briefly clouded on the way to meet the rest of the team, it being filled with Andrew. But as she swung open the dressing room door, her Charlie fueled rage returned.

"Look who decided to show up-" Charlie rolled his eyes at her lateness.

He stood up, which he now saw was the wrong move because Mia charged towards him, pinning him up against the locker.

"What the fuck was that Conway? Your so petty that you can't pass me it?!" She hissed in his face, everyone else slightly scared.

"Well, you just had to get yourself sent off, who did that help?" He looked down at her.

Undoubtedly, Charlie was taller than Mia but she gripped him tightly against the lockers so he could barely move, barely breathe.

"Was that before or after you let a goal be scored?" Mia answered him back.

"Why don't you just go back to Chicago, that's where you are wanted anyway-"

"That's enough, Conway.." Dean stepped in, pulling Mia off of him but not even he could break the death stare the enemies were holding.

"I can murder him myself, Dean.." Mia answered him.

"I understand that but, I'd like to keep you out of prison for as long as possible." Dean nodded to Connie and Julie who walked her out of the changing room.

"I think they'll become friends, eventually. Maybe more.." Adam bargained with Averman.

"Adam, she is going to stab him, not make out with him. Don't be dumb.." Averman whispered back.