part 21- time cant fly

I've been dead. like no motivation, a world collapsing around me type vibes. so imma channel that into this part. enjoy lovelies.

She didn't show signs of waking through the entire seven-minute and thirty-four-second ambulance ride. Bombay squeezed himself into the vehicle and wouldn't stop yelling for answers, screaming for whether or not she would be okay.

When they arrived at the hospital, she was rolled into a restricted area, for everyone else, the wait began. The match had been abandoned, and Andrew had been suspended. What was meant to be a friendly had turned into a blood bath.

After ten minutes, most of the team had shown up, although the bash brothers and Charlie were nowhere to be found. Concern was in the area after Bombay made his ninety-fourth phone call
to the Williams household, all being unanswered. Someone had to pick up, surely someone.

"What?" Connie looked at the pissed-off expression Bombay possessed.

"Her dads not picking up.." He whispered, not wanting to air out Mia's business to the entire team while she was half dead.

"Is he the only emergency number? Her Aunt should be on there." Connie explained, flipping her phone open to search for something.

"Her Aunt.." Bombay scanned the paper the hospital gave him to make the important call, "No, not here.."

"I've got it, Mia gave it to me just in case. It's like she knew this would happen.." Connie sighed, calling out the number.

Bombay hit the dial button and the phone rang only once before someone on the other end picked up.

"This is Sarah Williams, coming out you live from Berlin, with the caller being named?" Her energy caught him off guard, extremely off guard.

"This is Gordon Bombay? Coming at you from a hospital in Minneapolis? Are you Mia's Aunt?" He asked.

"Is she hurt? I can be on a plane in half an hour!" Her tone became serious, more appropriate.

"Head trauma is all we know, happened in a hockey game. Do you know how to get in contact with her father?" Gordan asked.

"How many calls have you made?"

"Ninety-four.."

"You're not getting in contact with him, probably passed out in a bar somewhere. Put me on the phone to a doctor now Mr Bombay.." She instructed, packing in the background.

Bombay did as he was told and although he couldn't hear what Sarah was saying, the doctor's face grew pale. His hand shook as he passed the phone back to Gordon.

"This lovely little man is going to give you all the information you need, I've named you to be next of kin till my arrival. Mr u please look after my Mia, sometime I think I'm the only one she's got in this world.." She explained, hanging up the phone.

The waiting room was full of teens in Hockey gear, nobody saying anything to each other, not even looking at each other. They stared at the floor, thinking, praying. They hear the sounds of ambulances and beeping from medical machines. The doors opened and closed, never with news of Mia. Bombay couldn't sit, he paced around the room. An hour felt like an eternity.

The sound of doors opening made him look up again, although it wasn't a doctor, it was a gurney with Dean on it, another following him with Fulton.

"What the fuck.." Connie muttered, this day was becoming too much.

"Boys, do I want to know?" Bombay yelled.

"Yeah,  you see.. um-" Fulton tried to explain.

"Andrews in the ambulance behind us and all I'm gonna say is, I have no regrets! And I'll do it again because it was worth it!" Dean interrupted.

"Also we have a three-game suspension, don't forget that part.." Fulton added.

"And you did what to him?" Bombay was red with anger.

"Unspeakable things, all you gotta know is that he won't be playing for a long time. A lot longer than three games!" Dean cheered, looking for support from his teammates, but none was given.

"I mean, what did you expect we left them alone? This really is our fault." Averman explained.

"They could have waited for us!" Julie sighed.

"Alright enough. Did you see where Charlie went?" Bombay asked, because if this is what happened when the bash brothers were left alone, there's no telling what he will do.

"He just left when I took my stick to Andrews's dick-"

"You could have just said he left, Dean we will speak about this.." Bombay sighed.

"I know you're proud of me, Coach! I'm proud of me too!" He cheered back.

They went back to waiting, hours passing. The team wanted to know what was taking so long and eventually, a doctor arrived with news.