part 16- pulling a charlie

Connie could have predicted that Charlie would pull a Charlie.

If you are unaware, a Charlie is when you screw everything up by just being yourself. Boy was he good at that.

The dynamic shifted back to hate, but a lot more of the things and a lot more reason behind it. Nobody knows how it happened, or how one day there was a sense of perfect euphoria and friendship but after that dance, hate turned to a fun-filled despise. On Mia's behalf anyway.  The pair told no one, maybe because of embarrassment or the incapability to admit what happened. Until one day, Mia let it slip to Connie.

It was about two weeks after the dance, November well and truly here. Bombay pushed everyone to their limits in training to help prepare for January when it was the Ducks chance to represent the United States of America in hockey for the second time. Connie could see for weeks now that something was on Mia's mind, but she just couldn't put her finger on what exactly that was.

"Are you and Andrew going through a rough patch?" She pestered Mia with questions on the way to the girl's locker room, Julie had already gone home to prepare for a test tomorrow.

"No! Connie just drop it!" Mia spoke in agitation.

"There's something going on. Is it to do with Charlie?" She continued.

Mia's lack of response gave her an answer.

"What did he do?" Connie asked.

"It doesn't matter. I have to go, I'm late for Andrew.." Mia said, picking up her things and leaving.

Leaving Connie dissatisfied and wanting an answer. So, she did the only rational thing and pounded open the boys dressing rooms door, glaring at Wonder Boy.

"Everyone out!" She screamed, "Except you dickhead!" She pointed at Charlie.

"Connie I have no trousers on!" Guy yelled.

"It's not that big Guy, nobody's looking! Move it assholes!" She screamed, pushing the door closed and hearing the frustration brewing outside, "You have five seconds to tell me what you did to Mia.." She spoke.

"What.." Charlie said in pure fear.

"Five, four-"

"Okay, okay! I may have kissed her.." Charlie said, Connie's jaw hitting the floor.

"You did what!" Connie yelled, Charlie, preparing for a lecture, "She is in a relationship! And she's happy! And you're a piece of shit! And a home wreaked!" Connie screamed.

"That's a bit-"

"Harsh?! Oh is it Charlie?! First, you hate her, then the second she's not available you like her! I swear to god I am going to kill you! Andrews gonna kill you-"

"He's not a good guy, let alone a good person!" Charlie called out.

"So you kiss his girlfriend?! Duck Andrew, I'm gonna kill you myself!" She started walking towards him.

"Don't kill me! It was a mistake! A stupid, stupid mistake. Maybe yeah, I do like her. How can someone not! She was rude when I first met her but-"

"-but if I could go back I'd change it!" Connie mimicked him, "Well you can't Charlie! You just can't! I just hope that Andrew lets you keep your life!" Connie screamed before heading to the door and leaving.

Safe to say that Connie was a bit annoyed with Charlie.

How do you fix something like that? Can you? Sure, Andrew can be a bit of a dick sometimes, but so can everyone.

Mia didn't realize it, maybe when she was alone for about an hour it hit her. Andrew decided to bail, bail without warning. Mia felt like a fool, sitting alone in the cold waiting for someone to show. After all, that time had passed, she picked up a payphone.

"Hello?" She mustered in an annoyed tone.

"Oh, hey Mia, what's up?" Andrew answered down the phone, voices being heard in the background.

"What's up? Where are you, it's been an hour, you were the one that wanted to meet up?!" She yelled.

"Oh, sorry. Rick was having a few people over and I followed along. Hope you don't mind.." He spoke.

"Well you could have called me, tell me you-"

"Hey, Mia I've gotta go. I'll call you tomorrow if I get a chance.." And just like that, the line went dead.

So yeah, maybe Charlie was right, doesn't mean he should pull a Charlie.