part 22- trials, threats and tribulations

Mia Williams often questioned the way the world works.

Most do wonder about the idea of faith, what will await us when we eventually die or why one set of actions can change the course of your life. She wondered why speaking to a tall brown-haired hockey player would eventually lead to her lying unconscious in a hospital bed. She wondered what her mother did to deserve her untimely end, she wondered what would happen next.

More than anything, she wondered what she had done to deserve this. In her short, sarcastic time on this earth, Mia deemed that nothing she had ever done allowed her to deserve this faith. But faith is a funny thing, nobody ever knows what to expect and nobody ever wants what they deserve.

Bombay listened to every word the doctor said, Connie, absorbing the information beside him to make sure they knew everything. If they left a detail out, the women flying in from Germany would probably kill them. Bombay, although having a simple conversation with Sarah, was extremely terrified of her.

They gathered from what the doctor stated, Mia had suffered from a severe concussion that resulted in a brain bleed. Once the bleed was stabilized, the problem of her knee was. A complex fracture. Something with an effect that would destroy everything.

"We are confident we have resolved the issue of her brain, but she will have to make lifestyle changes in regards to her knee.." The doctor explained.

"Lifestyle changes?!" Bombay questioned.

"I understand she's a hockey player, yes?" The doctor asked, the coach nodded, "We are afraid she may never play again."

Like we all wonder, why is it that someone who could do nothing wrong deserves this. When you devote yourself to something, and give your entire life to it, you lead some form of expectation to be safe with it. I'd like to think that we get what we deserve but in fact, we get what we are given.

"She's not awake yet but you are welcome to sit with her, let me know when she wakes up.." He explained, leaving them to deal with the bleeding bash brothers.

Bombay entered the room, seeing the unconscious girl whose head was bandaged up. She looked at peace, something he has never seen her experience, peace. When you looked into the eyes of Mia Williams, they revealed thoughts riddled with chaos. A mind that works at a million miles an hour. She never let her head clear, her head was filled with her own thoughts of poison.

Ducks piled into the room, standing and staring, no words attached. Fulton arrived with stitches in his jaw, Dean showed up with stitches in his arms. Nobody uttered a word. The sound would be absent for what felt like hours until the sound of shouting and Louis Vuitton's clanking off the ground.

"You should be scared because if I'm not allowed to see my niece, you will need more than brain surgery to save you, you'll need god himself!" The woman with a familiar voice screamed, Bombay, taking it upon himself to investigate.

"You're not a legal guardian-"

"I'm the women you spoke to on the phone that informed you she had the capability to rip your balls off! That's who I am and believe me-"

"Alright Ms Williams.." Bombay saved the doctor there, "I'll take it from here."

"I suppose you would be Mr Bombay.." She said calmly as Bombay swooped her away.

"You asked for information, mild concussion that led to a brain bleed, that was quickly fixed. He hit her knee, the doc said she has a fracture and that physiotherapy therapy will be needed-" Bombay began to explain before being interrupted.

"-with the addition of lack of exercise, including that of ice hockey and figuring skating, excellent.." She finished his sentence.

"How did you know that?"

"My first husband was a doctor, which is why I disliked them so much.." She smirked, Bombay, cracking a smile.

Sarah was to be described as one thing and one thing only, a wreaking ball. A force to be scared of. She was skilful at getting what she wanted and persuasive. Eventually, she had the names and numbers of almost everyone in the hospital. She was distracting herself from the truth of the situation.

The truth of it all was that Mia Williams was laying unconscious in a hospital bed, unaware that she may never play the thing that gave her life again. She was alone in Minneapolis, she had no parents. Her Aunt lived on another continent and her ex-boyfriend was insane. Her unlabeled and confusing relationship with a captain, that was currently missing, is the reason for most of the violence caused in the last thirteen hours. That was the morbid reality.

There was nothing anyone could say on the matter, probably why the silence loomed all accords the room. If people could even find the words, they wouldn't have been used.

Until her eyes opened and words allowed tears to stream.

Hello again, I'm gonna start uploading again. I used to write this for someone and stopped after some shit, then I was dealing with a lot and failed to have motivation for this account. I appreciate the votes and comments, let me know what you think!