part 15- car rides and kiss tries

The new dynamic between Charlie and Mia was confusing, ask anyone.

Training went smoother, match communication gave the team more goals and lunch had a lot fewer arguments. When the pair got along, everyone's life was easier and the build-up to the dance was far more enjoyable.

It was on the day of the dance that Charlie told Connie he had asked a girl named Linda to go with him, something about not wanting to be alone. Mia didn't pay too much attention, she was focused on Andrew and his mood switches. Although in secret, Connie did hit him over the head when she found out he asked Linda. She hated his plan and his idea to form jealousy. Charlie reluctantly agreed to go to this dance with her, Mia hated the feeling she had about the whole thing.

She felt guilty that he didn't want to go, that she was making Andrew go.

The girls decided to get ready on their own, have their dates pick them up and drive to the dance. Call it old fashioned but, they were excited. Mia did her hair and make-up before taking her dress out of the wardrobe and sliding it on. The blue silk fit perfectly and for the first time, she was genuinely excited for tonight.

She sat downstairs and waited for Andrew to pick her up, sitting on the couch and playing with her thumbs. The minutes however grew and with each car that drove by, the chance of his pick up trunk seemed less likely to appear. Where was he? That was the only thought rolling through her mind.

By the time the doors off the dance opened up, Mia was still sitting on her couch, feeling the anger boiling and disappointment growing by the minute. But no matter what, she was going to this dance. Why let some dick ruin a perfectly good night? So she hopped in her dads truck and drive straight to Eden Hall.

People had already crowded into the school s ballroom, because this school was an expensive place for rich folk of course it had a ballroom. Music was playing and the people gathered em were swaying. The Ducks had all met in one corner of the room, Goldberg miraculously being able to supply punch for everyone. I don't know how he does it, witchcraft is my honest guess.

"Has anyone seen Mia?!" Connie yelled over the blasting music.

"I thought she would be here by now, wasn't she going with Andrew?!" Julie yelled back.

"I hate to be the um, bad news guy but, I'm looking at Andrew right now!" Adam yelled to everyone, pointing at the dance floor.

Every single Duck head flicked in the direction of Andrew, dancing and talking all chummy with his varsity buddies, people he supposedly hated. It wasn't until Charlie arrived at the group and was filled in on what was happening did the rage of the people was admitted.

"Your telling me that she's sitting at home alone, while that dick is here?!" Charlie yelled, maybe cause of the music, maybe cause of his anger.

But Connie was the first to see it, catch a glance at the staircase, rapidly tapping Julie's arm to alert her of what was happening. Like a domino effect, hockey heads hit the top of the double staircase, eventually, Charlie took over.

Mia stood at the top of the staircase, alone. Her blue dress reached the top of her heels and her hair rested over her shoulders. But still, she was alone. Charlie couldn't help but stare, an unbreakable and unexplainable stare. It was like she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. And that she was.

Andrews's eyes hit her when she was halfway down, even though he was the biggest jerk to her, he still walked over and welcomed her.

"You didn't pick me up.." She didn't accept his attempted hug.

"Was I supposed to?" He asked.

"Well we're not going to this dance together, I thought that was a no brainer, Andrew!" She partially yelled.