part 6-charlie and the bozos

She wanted to get out of that classroom as soon as possible.

When she walked in, the teacher immediately held her up. Wanted her name, she, birthday, Mia wouldn't have been surprised if she asked her blood type.

"Class!" She snapped their attention, "This is new student Mia Williams-"

"Alright Mia, Whoops!!" Dean clapped his hands on his mouth and boomed.

"That is enough Mr Portman, it's the first at back!" The teacher who's named she's already forgotten called back. "You can take a seat beside Mr Conway in the middle, Mr Conway please raise your hand!" He cried out.

Mia disgust washed over her again.

Not only was she locker buddies with the cocky hockey captain, now they sat beside each other. The only saving grace was that even though Charlie was sat to her left, Dean was to her right. She didn't even have to talk to him.

As she made her way down the class to the only empty seat, Mia saw Charlie stare her down, he was pissed. Maybe he wasn't a fan of the new seating arrangement.

"Great.." He sarcastically sighed.

"Not too bad yourself, Conway.." She hissed back at him, taking her seat.

Dean lay his hand out for a high five and the class began. The only thing Mia could guarantee was that this class was going to be boring and of course, it was. She wanted summer, Chicago, home. Not a timetable filled with exams and homework.

Eventually, the bell rang, signalling English was over. She packed her belongings and Charlie knocked into her, showing his very own sign of hate. A book fell out of her hand but he was gone before she knew it, couldn't face his actions apparently.

By Eden Halls rules, seating was the same no matter what room you are in for productivity or something like that. That meant that all day long, Mia and Charlie were attached.

Math came and went, before Mia knew it, lunch had approached. The food lined up was right up to these preppy's liking and Mia couldn't complain. The lunchroom could actually be considered a dining hall, long brown tables dressed with smart or rich people, scholarships or daddy's money. Mia could be called a hypocrite for giving out about these rich people, she was one herself after all. But if Derek even asked about what school she'd like, Mia would have jumped at public school.

Tray in hand, Mia looked for Dean. Although it would mean more sitting with Conway, she'd be able to talk with friends. Charlie was not her friend, he was just, there. Deans giant size and love of leather made him easy to pick out of a crowd, she made her way over to him but his movements were stopped.

Stopped by idiots.

Three tall individuals with Variety jackets huddled around her, jackets they probably never washed cause they were worn every single day. Apparently, Adam Banks was one of them last year due to the old coach, at least he's not a dick.

Mia couldn't say the same for the three people in front of her.

"Ah look what we have here, fresh duck meat.." The head bozo said.

"Very original, you should consider a career in stand up.." Mia spoke back, staring the man down before trying to get away.

"Not so fast!" One of the others stopped her from moving, "What's your name sweetheart?"

"Starts with fuck and ends with off, get out of my face.." She pushed again, although she couldn't move.

"What are you gonna do, get your Duckies to save you?" The other one sarcastically cried.

"I can save myself, now can I eat my lunch in peace or not?" She replied.

"What are you having?" The head bozo said, beginning to pick apart her lunch.

Behind Mia, not to her knowledge, was Conway. He hated the varsity men more than he hated Mia and even though he hated her, he wanted to step in. Just for the fun of hurting men he hated, not to save Mia. That's what was playing in Charlie's mind as he chose to approach the lunch critics.

"Sandwich?" The head bozo was still going.

"Hey-" Charlie was about to say something but impart stopped him.

In the middle of the dining hall, Mia forced her knee where the sun riding shine, knocking the varsity captain to the floor. His two goons were definitely scared, helping their leader up and scurrying away. Charlie, although already shocked, cracked a smile at the action. The pair seemed to have hate in common.

"What are you looking at?" Mia turned and looked at him.

"Nothing, I hate the varsity jerks too.." He said in defence.

"Alright.."

They sat down on separate ends of the table with for once, a good interaction. The first interaction.