part 27- dating

Somehow, Mia Williams did not receive any punishment for escaping her home to be with a boy she despised.

The boy, unfortunately, did.

When after the dust had settled a few days later and Charlie was allowed venture outside the house, he would find his was the corner house ended up at some nights ago.

To him, the house was huge. So many windows and fancy mouldings. He had never been inside but when Mia suggested he came over, he was more than happy to accept. He steadied his shaking hand and knocked gently on the door.

Every time he passed the house, a chill came over him. At the time, he couldn't know why. There was just an unexplained sense of coldness that possessed him to keep moving. Now, for the first time, the big oak door had an unexplainable glow thrust from it.

For the first time, the house felt okay, it felt safe.

It would take a few moments for the hunk of oak to fall open. the silhouette made him realize that even after a few days, she was still the same. She was still Mia. He felt guilty for a moment, a few days was too long to stay away from her.

"Hey, Conway.." She smirked, and his heart grew.

"Hey, Williams.." He smirked back, he heard skipped.

The funny part about the pair facing each other was that this was never supposed to happen. Two people who swore to hate each other, despise each other, have changed each other. the change was ever so slight, completely unexpected but now, these were two different individuals.

Charlie could keep standing, he couldn't accept the distance that was felt between just a door. He stepped through, coming closer to Mia and pulling her in tightly. wrapping his arm around her, she followed through.

"Hi.." His smile grew with her words.

"Hi.." Se couldn't help but let the smile plaster her face.

This was something that in years to come, they'd talk about. The moments they shared, the ones they could have and the ones they didn't. But as they went upstairs, this was a moment that came to mind constantly.

One day, Charlie would have the chance to be at that front door again, reliving that moment, feeling all the same things. Mia wasn't there, it was okay though, he thought. She's happy, he believed.

Upstairs, they sat, and they laughed. It was like they were truly themselves with each other for the first time.

"Charlie?"

"Yes, Mia.." She again, let a smirk slip out at the sound of his voice on her name.

"What are we doing? Like, what is this?" She asked him, he was intrigued by the question.

"I'm not sure, Mia. I know what I want it to be."

"And what is that?" She was now the intrigued one.

"No, no. You don't get to know that, not yet." He smiled as he teased.

"You are impossible, you know that?" He nodded back, "What the hell are we gonna tell the team?"

"I'm not sure what you-"

"The two people who hated each other so much that they tore up the team are now a thing.." She explained herself.

"A thing?" He leaned in from the chair he sat in. His question made her fall back in her bed, sinking into the sheets.

"I don't know what to call us.." She admitted, lifting herself and looking at him.

"What about, for now, we're dating. We are two people who like each other and like spending time with each other. Besides, the team doesn't need to know all of our business." He replied, and she nodded.

That arrangement would last only a day. Why? Because both Charlie and Mia were idiots.

The next afternoon, the rink would be populated with ducks, all running skate. Bombay repeatedly checked his watch, searching for where two of his star players were. He had a guess, a hypothesis based on the evidence he and Sarah had seen a few nights ago.

"Has anyone seen Charlie and Mia?" Bombay shouted from off the ice.

"Maybe Mia finally found a bar nice enough to whack him with?" Goldberg suggested, Averman whacking him in the rib.

A few minutes later, the pair were on their way out.

"Took you guys long enough!" Connie shouted.

The pair was in the middle of putting on their helmets when subconsciously, their lips met. It was quick, like a fast goodbye or a busy hello. This was for good luck, but as they pulled apart, they felt the eyes burning into them.

"I feel as though we've made a mistake," Charlie smirked.

The smile wouldn't last long however as a giant man with anger issues came tumbling towards him, shouting every Chicago-based swear he knew. Dean would knock Charlie to the floor and it would take four people to pull him away.

"This is fucked man!" He shouted as he was dragged off him.

"I might throw up, give me a minute.." Goldberg whispered as he left the rink.