part 20- the 'friendly'

The boy with the massive black eye was really not looking forward to this one.

After a series of dumb choices and small-brained ideas, he had a bruised rib and ego heading into today's game where he was sure that Andrew would kill him. He wasn't exaggerating either. As he stood on the ice, preparing to start the game, he was a red flag and Andrew was a bull waiting to charge into him.

Mia didn't know exactly what happened. She did however know that Andrew confronted Charlie and it got ugly. She didn't even want to play today, begging Bombay to bench her but he refused. The whole school was gathered in the stands to watch, none of them knowing how nervous she was about this.

It may have been called a friendly, but this match was far from that.

Charlie went in against Andrew to try to take the first hit, helmets pushing together, rage being the only apparent emotion.

"You are really gonna get it now, prick.." Andrew groaned.

"Whatever.." He rolled his eyes back and just like that, the puck was dropped.

Andrew pushed Charlie out of the way, getting the first touch and passing it to his teammate who glided down the rink. The Ducks managed to gain position back but it seemed like the Varsity boys were told to play the game however they wanted. Mia was trying to stay in the clear but made her first move in the match when she attempted to tackle Rick Riley.

"Back it up, slut.." He spat as he struggled to keep the puck.

"That's a double standard, small dick Rick.." She smiled at him, hitting the puck away and starting to make her way down the rink.

She glided through the other players, eventually making it to the goal and taking a shot, sliding the puck into the back of the net. The crowd in some parts cheered, the Ducks swarming around her to celebrate. They then decided to let Mia go in against Andrew for the first hit, probably the worst idea they've ever had.

"Andrew.." She said as she got in position, just wanting to play a game of hockey.

"If it isn't the cheater, do you really think I'm gonna let this slide?" He spat back.

"I should have known you would turn out to be a dickhead, your on the Varsity team, that's an immediate red flag.." She finally stood up for herself and stuck it to him.

"Your gonna regret that.." He replied.

"Probably."

Mia hit the puck backwards to Averman, prompting Andrew to shove her to the ground as he skated past her.

"So it's gonna be like that, huh?!" She yelled after him, skating behind the boy at full speed.

Andrew was aggressive as he moved, Mia, knowing that this wasn't going to end well. Charlie decided to take him on then, calling out to Adam to pass it to him. Once he had the puck, he became the target of rage and Andrew made his attack. Mia wanted to stop them as she watched the hockey sticks clash together and things were escalating. 

Stupidly, she made her move towards the chaos but was stopped by what she thought was a hand hitting her head. Trying to push forward, she introduced her hockey stick to one very violent conversation. Andrew was aggressively hitting his stick against the puck and the people in front of him, and then the stick hit under Mia's skates, causing her to lose balance. Instead of stopping, Andrew dropped his stick and pushed his ex-girlfriend backwards, using most of his force.

The whip of her neck flicking back flew her helmet off and Mia's head clashed against the ice. What she believed was someone just hitting her head was a member of the Varsity team disarming her helmet. The brightness of the light that shined over the rink slowly became dimmer and dimmer as Mia's eyes closed but her blood spilled. The clear cold blue ice was infected by her blood dripping all over it. She heard her name being called so loud, but slowly the noise faded and Mia lost consciousness.

"Andrew you fucking-" Charlie roared our, throwing his stick to the side and charging at Andrew who was in a realm of shock, he couldn't believe what he had done.

"Bombay, we need an ambulance, now!" Connie roared as she kneeled down beside Mia, screaming at everyone to stand back.

"I'm going to fucking kill you, Andrew, I'm going to-" Charlie was screaming at Andrew who was pulled back and shuffled off the pitch. Casey Conway had run onto the ice to hold her son back, the boy who couldn't even look at the ice.

The ambulance took four minutes to get there, they cleared people out of the hall and told people to push back. Nobody had a contact for her father, Bombay then decided to get into the ambulance with Mia. Charlie only looked at her once, when they picked her up and placed her onto the stretcher. 

"Charlie are you okay?" His mother whispered.

"I don't know.."