part 12- the 4th of october

Personally, I wouldn't fuck with Connie.

A highly opinionated, strong-willed girl, there's nothing she can't do. Except for controlling Charlie Conway, she'd need a baseball bat for that. But on the 4th of October, Connie definitely wanted to take her bad to his face

"Do I have to go in today, please?" Mia begged Derek, he had taken the day off work, he was already drinking.

"If I say you are going to school, I mean it. I paid good money for you to get a good education, so go to fucking school!" He yelled from the living room, no way she was staying here.

Maybe she would just ditch, leave and not come back, catch a bus out of town. Why not? No, she skated to school somehow, for some reason. Today was no day for her to be around people, people she liked anyway. Her best friend knew what today meant, her boyfriend didn't.

"Hey babe, what's going on you look so gloomy.." He ran up to her in the hallway after the second period, wrapping his arm around her shoulder but she pushed him off.

"I'm fine Andrew, I'm gonna be late for the next class I've gotta go.." Mia walked off, leaving Andrew confused and annoyed.

Connie saw it happen, she walked over to him to see why he had the right to be so pissed.

"Is this because I'm not going to that stupid dance with her, is that why she's pissed?" Andrew groaned.

"It's not about you Andrew-"

"Of course it is, I'm her boyfriend, remember?" He walked off, "God.." He groaned under his breath.

Mia shoved her way through the hallway, shoving past those who she never cared to get to know. But at the end of the hallway, the last person she'd ever want to see appeared.

"Look who it is.." Mia turned straight back around, marching to the other end of the hallway.

"Oh come on, nothing witty or degrading to tell me?!" He called after her, Connie catching him.

"I'm a big boy, Williams, I can take it.." He remarked.

"You know what, Charlie?" She turned to face him, "You can go fuck yourself and then when you're done, you can find a nice cliff to jump off. Right now, I'm in no mood to talk to you and you can go to hell!" She screamed, everyone, staring at her as she moved down the hall and out of the school gates.

"What the fuck Charlie?!" Connie ran up to him, punching him in one shoulder.

"What? I was joking with her and she took it too far!" Connie grabbed his arm and pulled him into a classroom.

"It's the first anniversary of her mom's death, you just made the day a lot less bearable for her!" Connie could really scream since the door was shut and the class was empty.

"I didn't know that-"

"Well, how could you?! You call me and tell me all your problems and tell me how much you can't believe something like his happened to you, then you do something like this?! Your never gonna get what you want! God, what is wrong with you?!" She screamed.

"Are you finished?! I didn't know about that, any of it! You need to stop yelling at me, I'll fix it!" Charlie yelled back.

"How can you be so stupid, Conway? I suggest you leave before I kill you.." She pointed to the door, he left before she could.

Charlie knew that they were only at the start of his school day, but he walked out the gates as well. All he could think of was how messed up this was, how strange and how much he wanted to take every word back.

Not that he could, he didn't know where she was or where she went. But he did know one thing.

She was in pure pain.