01: Reminiscing

A Z A R I A H D ' A M O R E

We won't forget each other, right?

Who would've known what would happen once summer ended.

Did it end happy like we thought it would or did it end...

Because I sure didn't, and I really... really wish I did.

Athena Rose, there are no words to describe how much I love you. And I am so sorry for the pain I have caused you.

2 Years Ago; Summer at Beach Haven ( 4 weeks until summer was over) :

"I am so very in love with you." I mummer against her lips, her soft, plump, pink lips. I give her one last quick kiss before I grab the remote and scroll through shows. She smiles. "What do you want to watch?"

Athena repositions herself against my chest. "Hmmm." She taps her lip. Causing me to smile. "You're asking the wrong person to choose."

I laugh at her. Athena is the worst person ever to ask what to do, what to watch or where to eat. This girl can never decide. But I love her for that.

Twirling a strand of blonde hair around my finger. "Rose, we've been over this a million times." I reply in a silly tone. "Or do you want to go down to the beach and watch the sunset?"

She jumps up from her position and climbs onto my lap. As she comfortably sits I place my hands on her hips steadying her. Athena stares into my eyes. "That is the most ingenious thing you've ever came up with!"

A low chuckle escapes my throat. I use the pad of my thumb to draw small circles underneath her shirt above the waist-band of her shorts. Her skin so soft I feel like I'm touching a cloud. I stare back at her, my eyes scanning her face.

I start at her hair, seeing how it frames her face perfectly. And the way her green-ish blue eyes look at me with so much love. I move my eyes down to her cheeks noticing the way her freckles run across her nose, dots after dots chasing after each other in the most coolest way ever.

I don't know where this came from but it does, "You're so cool, did you know that?"

She flips her hair to the side. "Hell yeah I am." She jokes.

I Azariah was so very much in love with her. From the moment she walked through the door, from the moment I heard her laugh, from the moment she had hugged me for the first time.

Athena Rose gave the best hugs. I remember everything about the first hug she gave me.

The way her arms wrapped around my waist and how she'd rests her head against my chest. I feel the heat radiate off of her body and onto mine. Almost as if she was the warm blanket I was needing all along.

And in that moment was the moment I knew I had fallen head over heels for this girl I met.

I'll forever spend my time reminiscing about all the memories we've created.

Present; Season: Fall

Kylo drapes his arm over my shoulder as we walk to practice.