02 : It's Him

A T H E N A    R O S E

I sit in my classroom as the professor talks about what ever creative writing teachers talk about.

"For this assignment you'll need to be writing a story that has meaning or means something to you. Put emotion into it, we'll be learning about emotions and how to incorporate that into writing." She says, pointing to the students who sit up front. "I expect good work, nothing devastating. I want details! From the way their hands run through sand, or how the breeze makes them feel! Do you understand?"

The class responds at once. "Yes Ma'am."

"Start writing."

The sound of computers hitting the tables to the faint taps of fingers hitting the keyboards fill the entire room.

My phone buzzes as I begin to type.

Amore: You're in writing right? Write a story about me!

I laugh at the message.

No.

Amore: I'll make sure you write about me, I gotta go, love you.

Love you!

My fingers mindlessly type onto the document. Azariah is funny what makes him think I'd just write a story about him? Don't get me wrong I love him but I just don't think I would want to put our "life" story out there or use events from it.

"Athena? Athena Rose."

"Huh? Sorry, did you call on me?"

"I did, I want to know what will your stories title be? Based off of the first line you wrote?"

I look at my paper and I have nothing written besides: sparkling.

"Uh... Signature."

She hums in response. "Signature, interesting. I'm excited to read your story then." She says. "Carry on then."

I'm thinking of writing a story where this women goes through a series of incidents. And in the end she has to leave her signature and walk away from everything.

A story filled with heartbreaks and love.

She's the one whose always sparkling from clothes to jewelry, her eyes shine so bright.

Yeah I have no clue on what I'm doing.

I look at the top right corner of my mac and close it. It's almost time to go and I have nothing done so I don't care right now.

Pulling out my phone I text Lina back after she spammed my phone asking what electives she should choose for next term. 

I miss her so much. But I know she's having the time of her life. So am I.

I still see her on the daily just not as much as I would like. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if she were to go here at our university.

A body slams into mine causing me to let a random noise out. I look to my right only to be met with a pair of lips.

"Hello to you too blondie." I laugh, ruffling his hair as he smiles down at me. "How was class?"

Azariah grumbles as he fixes his hair. He hates when I ruffle it on campus, says it messes up his perfectly styled hair. "It was good, had to help some girl out even though she clearly knew what she was doing," he says sighing. Azariah tells me every time he has to do something like this. "It's so fucking annoying and I couldn't say no. You wanna know why?"

I smile. "Why?"

"Because she PERSONALLY asked our professor!" His eyes look like there about to fall out. "Can you fucking believe that? So everyone was watching me." He whines.