05: Get You

Through drought and famine, natural disasters...

A Z A R I A H   D' A M O R E

Sometimes I wonder... Where the hell she came from.

Why is she here next to me, supporting me, loving me and more importantly--- mine?

Where did this ray of fucking sunshine come from? But in the end I enjoy the questions that come with her. Not knowing the exact reason, is what makes it fun.

I remember the first time I saw her, the first time my eyes met hers. And she stared at me with the same interest. To think that was almost a year ago is crazy.

I remember thinking that she'd think of me as someone who was weird. But I was wrong.

Now we sit in a cafe. Well I sit and she stands at the front ordering her drink and I wait for her to come back to me.

I watch as she check's out the menu and then to the girl who takes her order. She turn's around and heads my way, every time she comes my way it makes me... happy. To know that she'll always be there for me and come back to me.

Normally I'm all crazy and being the weird Azariah everyone knows. But this week scared me, especially when my mom called in the middle of the night. I wasn't sure what to think when I first got the call.

Do I tell her (which I chose to do), do I sit in my room and let it eat me away? Or do I go to Kylo who was probably peacefully sleeping.

But I choose her. Because that was the right choice.

"I know you said you didn't want anything..." Your voice brings me out of my daze. I look up only to be met with two blue eyes that stare right into mine. "But I got you some strawberry waffles."

Look at that Athena gets me. And I get her.

A smile dances it's way across my lips, I go to grab her hands, using my thumb to draw miniature circles. "Thank you, Rose."

"So I was thinking, maybe we can go for a walk after this? Since it'll be sunny and it would be nice to get some air."

Before I can say anything the barista calls her name.

She places my strawberry waffles in front of me while putting down her iced matcha by her. "As I was saying, it would just be nice to get out since we're out here. I haven't been to Malibu in awhile."

I pick up the fork and knife. "Yeah for sure, we can head into town and look around." Picking up a piece I had just cut, I turn the fork around to face Athena. "Eat."

Athena stops sipping mid way. To the point I see the green liquid stop half way in the beige straw only to go down.

"I got that for you Amore." She says unsure, but still opens her mouth to welcome the waffle.

"Yes, but I didn't see you eat anything this morning as well." I say shrugging my shoulders, eating a piece. "You need to eat, it was a long five hours."

This is what I hate.

I hate the fact that when something happens to me. When she puts me over herself. It should be her over anybody else, including me.

Because what if something were to happen to her and she just walks away from it.

She doesn't take care of herself--- fully.

"Amore..." She says tilting her drink in front of me. I take a sip. "Can you not be like that? And just let me take care of you?"

"Only if you take care of yourself first."